Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chan's plan.

Default Chan's plan.

I really like the fact that the Chiefs are implementing an audible system now under new OC, Chan Gailey. Seriously, the fact that we have not used audibles for the last 7 years is ridiculous. It's been something like trying to fix a car with only a crescent wrench. Options are always good. Now, reading the defense and picking the right one becomes the test.

I also enjoy seeing the Chiefs throw the bootleg into practice. This not only opens up the play book some offensively, but also will help to prepare our defense against it. I sure am tired of seeing us get burned by that bootleg... Hopefully that will not be the case this season.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Especially now that they have simplified the Offense, which I am assuming or readied, somewhere, that they are doing away with allot of the pre snap motions.
    I have also read that simplifying the actual name of the plays. Instead of rattling of a paragraph of code to set up the formation there is one key word the describes the formation and it is helping Croyle know where the players are supposed to be lined up.

They said the play book is now about half the size it was before, simply because of that.

Maybe a better grasp of the play book will help Brodie's confidence, as well.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I have also read that simplifying the actual name of the plays. Instead of rattling of a paragraph of code to set up the formation there is one key word the describes the formation and it is helping Croyle know where the players are supposed to be lined up.

They said the play book is now about half the size it was before, simply because of that.
    What a novel idea!!! You'd think that would have happened last year since we were playing a rookie.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123