Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LeCharles Bentley

Hybrid View

Default LeCharles Bentley

RIGHT NOW!!!! SIGN HIM RIGHT NOW!!!!

He doesn't have an opening to play for the Browns right now and asked for his release and promptly received it.

The Chiefs could use his talent on the line right now. He hasn't played in two years, but he WILL be ready to play in 2008. He was a 2nd round pick in 2002 and would be an asset to our line.

He is a high risk, high reward player. After being injured for the past two years, he'll be cheap. But he has plenty of talent.

Just thought it would help our depleted Oline.

I agree!!!!!!!

I don't know; I think it would take a while to shake off two years of rust, aside from the fact that he does appear to be injury prone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I don't know; I think it would take a while to shake off two years of rust, aside from the fact that he does appear to be injury prone.
    This guy with his eyes rusted shut would be as good or better than what we have!!

The guy is going to be 29 in November. Add that to his questionable knee and not playing for two years. I don't think the Chiefs will be interested. Especially since they are insistent on "going younger." By the time time the Chiefs are real playoff contenders in 2-3 seasons, Bentley will be past his prime.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    The guy is going to be 29 in November. Add that to his questionable knee and not playing for two years. I don't think the Chiefs will be interested. Especially since they are insistent on "going younger." By the time time the Chiefs are real playoff contenders in 2-3 seasons, Bentley will be past his prime.
    Don't count on it. CP and Herm are committed to the youth movement. I think he could be used as a back up where he wouldn't play every down and maybe spare the knee a little bit and give us some depth. But at this stage I don't think CP and Herm are thinking in that direction.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Quote Originally Posted by OTR Chiefs fan View Post
    Don't count on it. CP and Herm are committed to the youth movement. I think he could be used as a back up where he wouldn't play every down and maybe spare the knee a little bit and give us some depth. But at this stage I don't think CP and Herm are thinking in that direction.
    I would doubt they are as concerned with a youth movement on the o-line as they are with other skill positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I would doubt they are as concerned with a youth movement on the o-line as they are with other skill positions.
    Agreed. Age is probably not as big a deal on the O-line. Half the starting O-line is over 30.

*See:
    Damion McIntosh 31
    Brian Waters 31
    Tony Gonzalez 32

I would think there would be many teams looking at him. Hopefully the Chiefs pull the trigger. Injuries will happen this year and we could definitely use some depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I would think there would be many teams looking at him. Hopefully the Chiefs pull the trigger. Injuries will happen this year and we could definitely use some depth.
    Good point. What concerns my is the fact that he has set out two seasons with injuries of his own. Wonder what his price tag would be?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast