Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gretz on Hold-Outs

Default Gretz on Hold-Outs

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/06...d_their_no_1s/

Saw this on the Chiefs website. Gretz is back to his old fan-boy self again, or at least in this case defending Carl Peterson's negotiation skills.

Gretz says that we are in the middle of the pack when signing our first round picks. I have no doubt that he is correct, but that does not even come close to justifying Peterson's approach to signing players.

While I understand Gretz is just talking about first round picks, I would like to see him defend Peterson on some of the other stupid moves he has done. Like what you ask?

Well, here is a list of botched signings that led to just a bunch of drama that we did not need on our team.

Larry Johnson
    Trent Green
    Jared Allen

Those are the ones I can pull out of my head in 5 minutes or less. I am sure there are many others that I am forgetting.

My main issue with Peterson is the way he treats his players. I think the man fails to realize that the way you treat people have a direct impact on how well they perform for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/06...d_their_no_1s/

Saw this on the Chiefs website. Gretz is back to his old fan-boy self again, or at least in this case defending Carl Peterson's negotiation skills.

Gretz says that we are in the middle of the pack when signing our first round picks. I have no doubt that he is correct, but that does not even come close to justifying Peterson's approach to signing players.

While I understand Gretz is just talking about first round picks, I would like to see him defend Peterson on some of the other stupid moves he has done. Like what you ask?

Well, here is a list of botched signings that led to just a bunch of drama that we did not need on our team.

Larry Johnson
    Trent Green
    Jared Allen

Those are the ones I can pull out of my head in 5 minutes or less. I am sure there are many others that I am forgetting.

My main issue with Peterson is the way he treats his players. I think the man fails to realize that the way you treat people have a direct impact on how well they perform for you.
    But..... it's just business.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    My favorite saying. But being a piece of **** in business makes you a piece of ****. Because, business is actually a part of life. So, however you handle your business, is who you are.

I saw the smilie Guru, and wasn't attacking you. Just generally attacking "business-persons" who like to hide behind that old cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    My favorite saying. But being a piece of **** in business makes you a piece of ****. Because, business is actually a part of life. So, however you handle your business, is who you are.

I saw the smilie Guru, and wasn't attacking you. Just generally attacking "business-persons" who like to hide behind that old cliche.
    It's cool. You helped make my point.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

It's cool. You helped make my point.
    I kinda figured as much.

You would think with the urgency to get these draft picks in the starting line up. He would make an extra effort to sign his first day picks as soon as possible so they are not late getting to camp because every snap will matter.

Unfortunately for CP and Herm. The idiots have already slated them as starters which gives them more bargaining power.

Ironically signing one or two of them would likely start the momentum to having them all signed. Gotta make it happen, especially for Albert & Flowers whose transition to the NFL by their positions will be likely the most difficult (OT and Cornerback)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Well, Frankilin just signed. So, that's two now.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Well, Frankilin just signed. So, that's two now.
    Give credit to Denny Thumb for this one. I don't think Carl even needed to be there. Carl usually doesn't get involved unless it is big money and after Denny gets both sides close.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahK72WSAlCE"]YouTube - Back to School 1986[/ame]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast