Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting thoughts from ESPN.com....

Hybrid View

Default Interesting thoughts from ESPN.com....

The hot seat

Many league observers believe both Edwards and general manager Carl Peterson are on the hot seat. If Peterson, who has been the Chiefs' general manager since 1989, is, so is Edwards. The two are close and are a package deal. Also, whenever a new GM is brought in, the existing coach is often in trouble.

But are Peterson and Edwards really in trouble? The Chiefs did a good job drafting and this is a young roster. Miracles aren't expected. It says here that both Peterson and Edwards will be safe unless absolutely zero progress is made this season. But the whispers are out there and the job security of the GM and coach will be a major theme as the Chiefs head to training camp, fair or not

If they were truly on the hot seat, they would have both been gone last year.

No reason to rebuild a team from scratch with a HC that is on a hot seat.

Sadly, I am not a Herm fan.

cp said that herm was the last head coach he would hire! Clark said progress must be made! So I would say yes they are, please be true! On the cp part at lest!

Look at it this way: We only need to improve on 4 wins. As long as we get more than 4 victories, CP and Herm won't be going anywhere. If we break .500 and get close to making the playoffs with Brodie under center, we won't even get rid of him.

However, if we win 5 to 7 games, Croyle will take the fall.

If we win fewer than 4 games, then CP and Hermroid will be in a heap of trouble along with the players. Another season like last one and nobody in KC will be safe...
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Look at it this way: We only need to improve on 4 wins. As long as we get more than 4 victories, CP and Herm won't be going anywhere. If we break .500 and get close to making the playoffs with Brodie under center, we won't even get rid of him.

If we win fewer than 4 games, then CP and Hermroid will be in a heap of trouble along with the players. Another season like last one and nobody in KC will be safe...
    I want a winning season and a shot at the playoffs or clean out the head office!
    call me a homer. I am and always will be.

I couldn't agree more with everthing in this post.

Well put! Rep!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I couldn't agree more with everthing in this post.
    Ditto!

I'm still going with the opinion that we'll have around 6 wins. I don't think CP or Herm will be gone with that amount of wins, but Croyle will be gone if he performs badly.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I still think Herm and CP get a free pass for one more year. They stripped this team team down. Realistically I don't think there is high expectations specially from Clark Hunt.

I think Clark allows them to finish our there contracts. Otherwise they would already be gone and allow a new GM and HC rebuild the team, instead of wasting two years.

Everyone will find someone to blame. I will stick with CP and Herm.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I still think Herm and CP get a free pass for one more year. They stripped this team team down. Realistically I don't think there is high expectations specially from Clark Hunt.

I think Clark allows them to finish our there contracts. Otherwise they would already be gone and allow a new GM and HC rebuild the team, instead of wasting two years.

Everyone will find someone to blame. I will stick with CP and Herm.
    You will stick with CP????????? I'm guessing this is because he has been so productive over the last 20 years? Better yet, how's he been in the last 10 years? I'm gonna go ahead and stick with him too. What the hell, let's re up him and give him a life time contract!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast