Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting thoughts from ESPN.com....

Default Interesting thoughts from ESPN.com....

The hot seat

Many league observers believe both Edwards and general manager Carl Peterson are on the hot seat. If Peterson, who has been the Chiefs' general manager since 1989, is, so is Edwards. The two are close and are a package deal. Also, whenever a new GM is brought in, the existing coach is often in trouble.

But are Peterson and Edwards really in trouble? The Chiefs did a good job drafting and this is a young roster. Miracles aren't expected. It says here that both Peterson and Edwards will be safe unless absolutely zero progress is made this season. But the whispers are out there and the job security of the GM and coach will be a major theme as the Chiefs head to training camp, fair or not

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Cool!! I see now. I definetly blame CP as he was been the one constant for the last 100 years and still nothing to show for it. Welcome aboard!! Haaa Hhaaaaa LOL!!!!!!
    That is okay. :sign0144: but you aren't

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    That is okay. :sign0144: but you aren't
    Nice!!!!! You should fit in fine round here!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Nice!!!!! You should fit in fine round here!!!!
    I was going to put one of those X rated animations stating that I have to earn my respect, but they were just to XXX for me to post.

Do you all really use those? wow. It was pretty graphic yet funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I dislike CP, I am still undecided on Herm. I don't hate the guy as much as most do. This is Herms year as far as I am concerned. Time to **** or get off the pot. But as far as my dislike for management...I am not going to let them be the cause of me missing games.
    My biggest beef with Herm was the drive homer after a loss. He sounded like a broken record. Those type of games just happen. Okay, they do happen, but to hear the same thing four consecutive home games just made my blood boil.

He also lies often on the radio, which the media discusses all day, and then the follwing day says the opposite. I don't know if he is trying to cover up the truth of he just opens his mouth and lies come out of his mouth.

If he doesn't want to comment on something, just say no comment. Shut your mouth because one lie leads to another and it is not like he is doing it off record.

Sorry, I meant I will stick with blaming CP and Herm. While others can blame Croyle, or Solari, or Chan etc...

I may be a noob to your forum, but I consider myself a Pro-bowl Free agent to your forum. I just had enought of some BS on my other forum and since the mods, refused to do something about it because he was a long time member, I left.
    We're glad to have you here. I can tell by your posts, that you know your Chiefs football.

As far as herm and cp. I'm not as frsutrated as most with them. But I think this year, as Canada said earlier, is a put up or shut up year for those two. There needs to be improvement on this team or they will be hearing a lot of boos at Arrowhead. Most fans are getting fed up with the mediocrity this team continues to put on the field. If the Chiefs look like crap early on in the season and the fans stop going to the games, then Clark will have to address the issue at the end of the season. But as long as fans continue to go to the games, and I think they will, then Brodie Croyle will be the scapegoat if they have a bad season.

The Chiefs were much better than a 4-12 team last year in my opinion. They lost many games down the stretch that were very winnable. The Raiders game, Colts game, Packers game, and Jets game are few that come to mind right away. They could have easily finished with 6-7 wins last year, but the defense quit on them. I really don't think they wanted to win that Jets game. And as it turns out, it would have cost us getting Dorsey if they had beat the Jets.

If this team doesn't win more than 4 games, I think there will be a huge groundswell of people wanting CP and Herm to hit the road. I just don't know if it will be enough for Clark to pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    We're glad to have you here. I can tell by your posts, that you know your Chiefs football.

The Chiefs were much better than a 4-12 team last year in my opinion. They lost many games down the stretch that were very winnable. The Raiders game, Colts game, Packers game, and Jets game are few that come to mind right away. They could have easily finished with 6-7 wins last year, but the defense quit on them. I really don't think they wanted to win that Jets game. And as it turns out, it would have cost us getting Dorsey if they had beat the Jets.
    On the other hand, You could look at their 4 wins and say, we didn't deserve those wins.

Something was wrong with San Diego when we beat them, and I saw signs of Al Saunders in the play calling in the second half of the Minnesota game that helps us come back.

On the other hand, You could look at their 4 wins and say, we didn't deserve those wins.

Something was wrong with San Diego when we beat them, and I saw signs of Al Saunders in the play calling in the second half of the Minnesota game that helps us come back.
    Tru dat. But, you can play that game all day. At the end of the day, the Chiefs had 4 wins on the books when they met each of the teams I named. All of those games were winnable. I still feel like this team was much better than a 4 win team. Much better. There was no reason that they shouldn't have won at least 7 games after the start they got off to. They threw in the cards before the season was over, and it showed. That reflects poorly on the coach, and that is what I was most disappointed about with him and the Chiefs last year. I don't want to root for a bunch of quitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Tru dat. But, you can play that game all day. At the end of the day, the Chiefs had 4 wins on the books when they met each of the teams I named. All of those games were winnable. I still feel like this team was much better than a 4 win team. Much better. There was no reason that they shouldn't have won at least 7 games after the start they got off to. They threw in the cards before the season was over, and it showed. That reflects poorly on the coach, and that is what I was most disappointed about with him and the Chiefs last year. I don't want to root for a bunch of quitters.
    I wasn't trying to argue all day. I was basically just saying, it balanced out. We won some we shouldn't have. Lost some we shouldn't have. It is now over and we got a stud DT for it.

I am dissapointed in the defense quitting. The offense had a viable excuse. They lost LJ and was starting a rookie QB. The defense plain out quit.

The defense quit when they ran out of steam. So many 3-and-out's, turnovers, and lack of sustained drives/scoring really put the D on the hot seat-- and kept putting them back on there over, and over again.

Those guys were basically playing iron-man football last year. They practically played 3-1/2 quarters of every game! Sure, they gave up at the end but when you are working along side somebody who is making your job harder due to their lack of production, some people have a tendency to become lax in their duties to perhaps prove a point or simply because they feel it isn't worth it since their chances of succeeding are pretty much nil, anyway. I'm not saying it's right. It just happens.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    The defense quit when they ran out of steam. So many 3-and-out's, turnovers, and lack of sustained drives/scoring really put the D on the hot seat-- and kept putting them back on there over, and over again.

Those guys were basically playing iron-man football last year. They practically played 3-1/2 quarters of every game! Sure, they gave up at the end but when you are working along side somebody who is making your job harder due to their lack of production, some people have a tendency to become lax in their duties to perhaps prove a point or simply because they feel it isn't worth it since their chances of succeeding are pretty much nil, anyway. I'm not saying it's right. It just happens.

Couldn't agree more; good post!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast