Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scouts Inc. ranks our O line

Default Scouts Inc. ranks our O line

32. Kansas City Chiefs
    Many commended the Chiefs for their selection of Branden Albert with the first-round pick they received in the Jared Allen deal. This isn't meant to condemn that selection one bit, since Albert will fit in somewhere on this line and should help out immediately, but it is amazing that Kansas City didn't bring in more young O-line talent besides Albert in this past draft. Instead, the Chiefs made luxury selections to back up their present offensive stars. The thing to remember is those offensive stars can't realize their potential if the big boys up front are not doing their jobs, and asking an inexperienced quarterback to develop into a legitimate starter without adequate blocking is foolish. This is an offensive line that is going to really struggle to do its job in 2008. There just isn't much talent here, and at this point, the aging Brian Waters is the only lineman who can be considered an above-average football player at this level. If Albert can make it at left tackle, Damion McIntosh should be adequate at right tackle. He doesn't belong on the left side, where he played last year. Optimistically, that adds up to three acceptable starters, but obviously, more are needed.

Hope this turns out better than what they expect...

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Milkman is absolutely right because Damion completely has no business starting on the right side.The combination of Damion and B-dub was already a dominate force on the left side during last season.We need to sign a dominate right guard because we already have a answer at right tackle while have Prince Albert.Niswanger is continuosly showing everyone flashes of the talent that he has at center.I just don't agree with Damion on the right side.That sucks.

Genius... pure genius.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    Milkman is absolutely right because Damion completely has no business starting on the right side.The combination of Damion and B-dub was already a dominate force on the left side during last season.We need to sign a dominate right guard because we already have a answer at right tackle while have Prince Albert.Niswanger is continuosly showing everyone flashes of the talent that he has at center.I just don't agree with Damion on the right side.That sucks.
    HUH??????? To say that we had ANYTHING dominant on last years Oline is ridiculous!!!!

"Dominant" is not the first word that comes to mind in last years blind side protection. With Cottam on the left side at TE and Albert and Waters at T and G maybe we will get a chance to see some big runs to the left. Not to mention if we utilize a fullback. Just that one guy to get to the second level to make the one block that turns a would be 5 yard run into a 12 yarder. Which I think that we will in the interest of playing manage the clock football. We can only hope that the amount of criticism that our o line is taking right now will fire them up to prove us wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    HUH??????? To say that we had ANYTHING dominant on last years Oline is ridiculous!!!!
    You do realize that this is Grbac you're talking too?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I hadn't seen GrBac before, and I thought he was going along great on that post when he stated I was right.

Then he had to go and put BA on the right side, and use the word "dominant" in reference to to any part of our O-Line.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    You do realize that this is Grbac you're talking too?
    The avatar say's it all!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Well personally I think you're wrong.
    Stop thinking.

You'll hurt yourself.

Conceptually, I would agree with your comments... but, when talent is dropping down the board and was rated in the higher rounds ... you can't tell me that's reaching.
    Richardson was rated to go higher than 6 did we reach for him? We had a good draft ... we settled with people who are OK! at Oline MCIntosh will be replaced IMHO.. and play back up and leave the team.
    The talent was on the board... that's not reaching... it's filling a hole that made you suck as one of the worst teams offensively in the NFL.
    Why do we have 3-4 fullbacks on the roster... isn't that reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    stop picking on the old farts, we will beat you down with our canes!!!! Wait I don't have a cane!
    Just use your walker as a battering ram :)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast