Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Simms appears to be going to be cut..

Default Chris Simms appears to be going to be cut..

With Chris Simms getting closed to being cut... is he better than what we've got on the books now to give him a look.

Regardless of what Huard might have done, or how he is perceived, this is a team building for the future, and a career backup in his last years with no conceivable upside has no place in that rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Also true, but I hate seeing people get down in the mouth about Huard when he came in and did his job-- probably better than expected by most. I imagine people would be singing a different tune had he not been totally screwed out of playing-time in that playoff appearance against the Colts and was able to help the Chiefs find a win.

Remember, we decided to get off the horse we rode there. I think Huard was treated unfairly by the organization and to slam him for being a career backup just continues that trend. Give the guy a break.

He was our backup QB-- as he always has been, his entire career. When he was called upon, he did what was asked of him. He's not a franchise player, nor is he the kind of guy that is going to carry a team to a championship. However, he is a consistent veteran who will keep mistakes to a fair minimum which will allow the rest of the team to step up and give themselves a chance to win. Sure, he's not starting material. He's a backup-- and a damn good one, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Regardless of what Huard might have done, or how he is perceived, this is a team building for the future, and a career backup in his last years with no conceivable upside has no place in that rebuild.
    Points well taken.

I agree. The team is going younger and looking to the future. Huard probably shouldn't have a spot on the roster any more. His spot could be used to evaluate young talent. However, that's no reason to bash the guy.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I agree. The team is going younger and looking to the future. Huard probably shouldn't have a spot on the roster any more. His spot could be used to evaluate young talent. However, that's no reason to bash the guy.
    If you think saying that Huard will never amount to anything is bashing him, then you are in for a rude awakening when I do actually bash someone.

Again true, but I think milkman was simply stating his opinion of Huard; I don't know that doing so is bashing him, necessarily, any more then pointing out his accomplishments can be considered homerism. JMHO

If you think saying that Huard will never amount to anything is bashing him, then you are in for a rude awakening when I do actually bash someone.
    I'm saying he has already amounted to something and got screwed. Bashing or not aside, I personally like the guy and appreciate what he did for us.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I'm saying he has already amounted to something and got screwed. Bashing or not aside, I personally like the guy and appreciate what he did for us.
    Personally, I too like him, and think he has a wealth of experience; perhaps he will make a very good QB coach one day.

I don't know that I can explain this, but I'll do the best I can.

Among various other reasons that Joe Montana was, and still is the greatest QBs ever, IMO, is the fact that he was both extremely accurate and threw a very catchable ball.

I don't understand the mechanics of this aspect of throwing a football, but if you've ever caught passes from different people, some just threw a "heavier" ball.

Huard has that more catchable ball, but he's terribly inaccurate, and for that reason, his receivers in '06 made some outstanding catches.

Kennison and Parker both made some spectacular catches, and these are guys who couldn't hold onto balls from Green that hit them right in the hands.

The problem is, however, he consistently put his receivers in exposed positions to get hurt.

He did a nice job of managing games, but because of his weak arm and inaccurate passing, the playbook was limited.

You can win some games in that scenario, but you can't expect to advance in the playoffs unless you have an all time great defense.

I don't know that I can explain this, but I'll do the best I can.

Among various other reasons that Joe Montana was, and still is the greatest QBs ever, IMO, is the fact that he was both extremely accurate and threw a very catchable ball.

I don't understand the mechanics of this aspect of throwing a football, but if you've ever caught passes from different people, some just threw a "heavier" ball.

Huard has that more catchable ball, but he's terribly inaccurate, and for that reason, his receivers in '06 made some outstanding catches.

Kennison and Parker both made some spectacular catches, and these are guys who couldn't hold onto balls from Green that hit them right in the hands.

The problem is, however, he consistently put his receivers in exposed positions to get hurt.

He did a nice job of managing games, but because of his weak arm and inaccurate passing, the playbook was limited.

You can win some games in that scenario, but you can't expect to advance in the playoffs unless you have an all time great defense.
    Which receivers got hurt?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Which receivers got hurt?
    Nobody got hurt, but I would rather not have Huard out there continuing to tempt fate.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast