Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Simms appears to be going to be cut..

Default Chris Simms appears to be going to be cut..

With Chris Simms getting closed to being cut... is he better than what we've got on the books now to give him a look.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Nobody got hurt, but I would rather not have Huard out there continuing to tempt fate.
    I gotta go with Moefoe on this one. He won us a lot of games, his TD/INT Ratio was pretty good, his QB rating was pretty good and all for a guy people call a career backup. Sure there were some passes that weren't the best, but the ball got there, our receivers caught it and did not get hurt, he didn't give the ball away and gave us a chance in every game. He rarely got blown out. Not bad for a back up QB. I am not saying he should be our starter this season, but I am all for keeping him on the team.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Dude; quit lurking and start posting more!
    It takes me a while to get up the guts to say something ... you know, being shy and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I gotta go with Moefoe on this one. He won us a lot of games, his TD/INT Ratio was pretty good, his QB rating was pretty good and all for a guy people call a career backup. Sure there were some passes that weren't the best, but the ball got there, our receivers caught it and did not get hurt, he didn't give the ball away and gave us a chance in every game. He rarely got blown out. Not bad for a back up QB. I am not saying he should be our starter this season, but I am all for keeping him on the team.
    He did a good job in '06.
    He sucked *** last year.

He couldn't even win the starter's job in Miami over Jay Fieldler.

Jay freakin' Fieldler.

I'm not saying to simply throw him out with the garbage.

I'm saying let's bring in Chris Simms and let him compete, and if Simms win the vet backup position, then let's throw him out with the garbage.

He did a good job in '06.
    He sucked *** last year.

He couldn't even win the starter's job in Miami over Jay Fieldler.

Jay freakin' Fieldler.

I'm not saying to simply throw him out with the garbage.

I'm saying let's bring in Chris Simms and let him compete, and if Simms win the vet backup position, then let's throw him out with the garbage.
    Simms? Wow...ok. He sucked in '06 and did not play in '07. And last I saw, our entire team sucked in '07. Not just one guy. I say we take the guy who knows the team as opposed to spending more time letting Simms take snaps that would be much more valuable to any other QB on our team. If CP came up with the same idea you guys would be ****tin' your pants for wasting time on Simms.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Simms? Wow...ok. He sucked in '06 and did not play in '07. And last I saw, our entire team sucked in '07. Not just one guy. I say we take the guy who knows the team as opposed to spending more time letting Simms take snaps that would be much more valuable to any other QB on our team. If CP came up with the same idea you guys would be ****tin' your pants for wasting time on Simms.
    "You guys"?

Simms was starting to play well before he ruprtured his spleen.

And one thing he showed was that's he tough, finishing that game when he ruptured his spleen.

One of the things I absolutely despise about Huard is his lack of toughness, which he put on full display last year, falling into the fetal position whenever a defender breathed on him, and getting "hurt" everytime he made a mistake.

As far as I'm concerned, a guy like that can't be flushed fast enough.

This wounded horse has been beating to death about Huard. "At the end of the day" all of our QB's suck,...sucked in the recent past. The lions share of the resposibility glaringly, rest at the front line of one of the worst O-lines in the NFL. Joe Montana ... Brady.. couldn't play with this dog plie.

You need a veteran QB in this league... you really need two QB's. Huard, we all seem to forget did a pretty damn good job .... WHEN?... he had the last remnants of the old Chiefs line blocking for him.... after that a train wreck for both Croyle and Huard. From what I've read, we don't want Croyle and Thigpen to be our 1 - 2 combo for this season. Booting Huard to the curb .. a mistake.

Huard, I suspect will shine... to everyone's dismay ... because his is a drop back passer that now won't be running for his life in 1.2 seconds. Croyle with benifit as well ... I would not be suprise to see ..... Yes.. oh my God.. Huard... the Starter for the Chiefs.. Croyle's bigest problem is his head... if he dosen't do well this year ... we will be drafing a QB next season and the Croyle experiment will go the way of the Boomer one.

"You guys"?

Simms was starting to play well before he ruprtured his spleen.

And one thing he showed was that's he tough, finishing that game when he ruptured his spleen.

One of the things I absolutely despise about Huard is his lack of toughness, which he put on full display last year, falling into the fetal position whenever a defender breathed on him, and getting "hurt" everytime he made a mistake.

As far as I'm concerned, a guy like that can't be flushed fast enough.
    "You Guys" who have all the answers and have enough insight to blame management for everything.

Maybe Simms was tough, maybe he was dumb enough to finish the game after rupturing an organ. Either way, why waste time picking up a QB that does not have enough talent to be a TB QB, and teaching him our offense just to sit him on the bench behind the younger guys? I am not knocking Simms, he may be an alright QB, I feel the same way about him as I do about Damon. No one would have been standing strong in the "pocket" last season with our O line. I don't see too many guys take a pounding like Damon did and keep laying. I am just saying that we need to commit to a young QB. I do not want to hear the discussion "...should we put in Huard/Simms in week8?" Put Croyle in and see what he can do. If he completely sucks by Week 7 then give Thigpen a chance or some other prospect. I see no point in putting Simms in to play mid season and Huard already knows the offence (along with the rest of the league) and he knows the guys on the team. wt rid of him now. Besides the fact that you don't like him. You say he could not beat out Fiedler...I believe it was Craid Morton who beat out Roger Staubach for a while in Dalls. Just because a guy won a starting job one year, does not make him good.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFCANNON View Post
    This wounded horse has been beating to death about Huard. "At the end of the day" all of our QB's suck,...sucked in the recent past. The lions share of the resposibility glaringly, rest at the front line of one of the worst O-lines in the NFL. Joe Montana ... Brady.. couldn't play with this dog plie.

You need a veteran QB in this league... you really need two QB's. Huard, we all seem to forget did a pretty damn good job .... WHEN?... he had the last remnants of the old Chiefs line blocking for him.... after that a train wreck for both Croyle and Huard. From what I've read, we don't want Croyle and Thigpen to be our 1 - 2 combo for this season. Booting Huard to the curb .. a mistake.

Huard, I suspect will shine... to everyone's dismay ... because his is a drop back passer that now won't be running for his life in 1.2 seconds. Croyle with benifit as well ... I would not be suprise to see ..... Yes.. oh my God.. Huard... the Starter for the Chiefs.. Croyle's bigest problem is his head... if he dosen't do well this year ... we will be drafing a QB next season and the Croyle experiment will go the way of the Boomer one.
    Ughhh......................

"You Guys" who have all the answers and have enough insight to blame management for everything.

Maybe Simms was tough, maybe he was dumb enough to finish the game after rupturing an organ. Either way, why waste time picking up a QB that does not have enough talent to be a TB QB, and teaching him our offense just to sit him on the bench behind the younger guys? I am not knocking Simms, he may be an alright QB, I feel the same way about him as I do about Damon. No one would have been standing strong in the "pocket" last season with our O line. I don't see too many guys take a pounding like Damon did and keep laying. I am just saying that we need to commit to a young QB. I do not want to hear the discussion "...should we put in Huard/Simms in week8?" Put Croyle in and see what he can do. If he completely sucks by Week 7 then give Thigpen a chance or some other prospect. I see no point in putting Simms in to play mid season and Huard already knows the offence (along with the rest of the league) and he knows the guys on the team. wt rid of him now. Besides the fact that you don't like him. You say he could not beat out Fiedler...I believe it was Craid Morton who beat out Roger Staubach for a while in Dalls. Just because a guy won a starting job one year, does not make him good.
    Simms still has potential upside, Huard does not.

Back in the day, QBs almost always sat on the bench for a couple of years before they were given a chance to start, and Morton was actually a pretty good QB.

I agree with you that Thigpen should be given a shot if Croyle bombs.

And you are right, there aren't many QBs that could have performed behind that abortion of an O-Line last year, but in spite of his fragility, Croyle didn't curl up in a fetal position and suck his thunmb when he felt pressure like Huard did.

There's no reason that Simms couldn't compete for the #2 spot and play if Croyle sucks, because he still young and still may have potential to start.

Huard, on the other hand, offers jack.

He isn't the QB of the now, and he isn't the QB of the future.

I want to put players on this roster that have the potential to be a part of the future, where ever possible.

Simms isn't given a chance in TB because Gruden likes old washed up vets, and even though Simms was starting to get before he got hurt, and Gradkowski showed some upside, they weren't given any real opportunity by Gruden.

Oh, and in '70, I think, Staubach and Morton shared the QB position, rotating by quarter sometimes, and in a couple of games, rotating by series.

Landry was a hell of a coach, but that was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen any coach do.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast