Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Simms appears to be going to be cut..

Default Chris Simms appears to be going to be cut..

With Chris Simms getting closed to being cut... is he better than what we've got on the books now to give him a look.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    "You guys"?

Simms was starting to play well before he ruprtured his spleen.

And one thing he showed was that's he tough, finishing that game when he ruptured his spleen.

One of the things I absolutely despise about Huard is his lack of toughness, which he put on full display last year, falling into the fetal position whenever a defender breathed on him, and getting "hurt" everytime he made a mistake.

As far as I'm concerned, a guy like that can't be flushed fast enough.
    Seriously, the worst offensive line in the NFL. And you want to blame the only QB on the team who was able to win behind it. You also want to blame the other QB for playing poorly under constant pressure.

Have you ever heard of the o-line? Those are the guys that turned Pro-Bowl Larry Johnson into Lawrence Phillips, in no time flat.

What I saw of Huard in '06 was nothing short of amazing. Nit-pick it all you want, but he put up numbers that were rivaled by only Peyton Manning.

Then in '07, he managed to win games with Chris Terry, Damien McIntosh, John Welbourne, no running game, a rookie at #1 WR, Mike Solari, and Herm Edwards. That's at least very close to amazing also.

Yet you want to poke fun of the position he was on the ground in, following most of the sacks that his league-leading o-line allowed? (Most sacks allowed in the NFL)

Simms still has potential upside, Huard does not.

Back in the day, QBs almost always sat on the bench for a couple of years before they were given a chance to start, and Morton was actually a pretty good QB.

I agree with you that Thigpen should be given a shot if Croyle bombs.

And you are right, there aren't many QBs that could have performed behind that abortion of an O-Line last year, but in spite of his fragility, Croyle didn't curl up in a fetal position and suck his thunmb when he felt pressure like Huard did.

There's no reason that Simms couldn't compete for the #2 spot and play if Croyle sucks, because he still young and still may have potential to start.

Huard, on the other hand, offers jack.

He isn't the QB of the now, and he isn't the QB of the future.

I want to put players on this roster that have the potential to be a part of the future, where ever possible.

Simms isn't given a chance in TB because Gruden likes old washed up vets, and even though Simms was starting to get before he got hurt, and Gradkowski showed some upside, they weren't given any real opportunity by Gruden.
    How did that choice work-out for Gruden?

From 4-12 cellar-dwellars with Simms, to 9-7 division winners with "old, washed up vet".

Step back from the tree, and realize that you are lost in the forest. J/K

I am not blaming Huard for playing poorly.
    I am blaming him for being a ***** when he started to feel some pressure.

Croyle sucked *** last year, but he never displayed the kind of fear that Huard showed last year.

And that choice for Gruden worked out much the same as the same kind of choice for the Chiefs in the 90s.

Mediocrity and a quick exit from the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Seriously, the worst offensive line in the NFL. And you want to blame the only QB on the team who was able to win behind it. You also want to blame the other QB for playing poorly under constant pressure.

Have you ever heard of the o-line? Those are the guys that turned Pro-Bowl Larry Johnson into Lawrence Phillips, in no time flat.

What I saw of Huard in '06 was nothing short of amazing. Nit-pick it all you want, but he put up numbers that were rivaled by only Peyton Manning.

Then in '07, he managed to win games with Chris Terry, Damien McIntosh, John Welbourne, no running game, a rookie at #1 WR, Mike Solari, and Herm Edwards. That's at least very close to amazing also.

Yet you want to poke fun of the position he was on the ground in, following most of the sacks that his league-leading o-line allowed? (Most sacks allowed in the NFL)
    I would like to point out that the defense did play pretty darn good in the games Huard won! Not that Huard played bad either, I'm sure a better O-line would help both him and Croyle. That's just not gonna happen.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I am not blaming Huard for playing poorly.
    I am blaming him for being a ***** when he started to feel some pressure.

Croyle sucked *** last year, but he never displayed the kind of fear that Huard showed last year.

And that choice for Gruden worked out much the same as the same kind of choice for the Chiefs in the 90s.

Mediocrity and a quick exit from the playoffs.
    I saw Huard take a real beating last year, eventhough he started the season with an injury. I have not seen many QBs take that kind of abuse and remain standing tall in the pocket, when the pressure just kept coming.

So if you want to hate the guy for being as human as the next, good luck with that.

So, as long as they did'nt win the Super Bowl, then they may as well finish in the cellar? There's no difference between 4-12 and 9-7?

Doesn't that make the entire regular season a waste? Why bother even watching that garbage, if it doesn't mean anything? Why bother even reaching the playoffs if you aren't going to win the Super Bowl? Basically, the entire NFL seems to be worthless then. There's only one good team per season?

That is just funny.

I saw Huard take a real beating last year, eventhough he started the season with an injury. I have not seen many QBs take that kind of abuse and remain standing tall in the pocket, when the pressure just kept coming.

So if you want to hate the guy for being as human as the next, good luck with that.

So, as long as they did'nt win the Super Bowl, then they may as well finish in the cellar? There's no difference between 4-12 and 9-7?

Doesn't that make the entire regular season a waste? Why bother even watching that garbage, if it doesn't mean anything? Why bother even reaching the playoffs if you aren't going to win the Super Bowl? Basically, the entire NFL seems to be worthless then. There's only one good team per season?

That is just funny.
    You know, a lot of people say that. I don't mind, as long as we put out a competitive team on the field. Of course, the goal is always the Super Bowl.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    You know, a lot of people say that. I don't mind, as long as we put out a competitive team on the field. Of course, the goal is always the Super Bowl.
    Yeah, it's funny. I actually watch some of the games, even if the teams in the game have already been eliminated from Super Bowl contention.

That is just funny.
    And I've seen QBs take beatings and continue to stand tall in the pocket and attempt to make plays.

I have my doubts about Croyle, but he took as much punishment as Huard last year if not more, and he didn't ***** out the way that Huard did.

There is only one champion.

If you are a team on the rise with a QB, then even if you aren't the champion, then it doesn't mean you're you aren't successful.

However, as we saw all through the 90s with the Chiefs, and in the last decade with the 'Skins, if you aren't on the way up, then you're nothing more than stagnant and mediocre, especially if you're using old washed up or scrub QBs.

I'd take 9-7 this year if we are growing from there.

But if I were a Buc fan, I wouldn't be thrilled with that team's direction from there.

we have a frikin QB stop talking this nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I've seen QBs take beatings and continue to stand tall in the pocket and attempt to make plays.

I have my doubts about Croyle, but he took as much punishment as Huard last year if not more, and he didn't ***** out the way that Huard did.

There is only one champion.

If you are a team on the rise with a QB, then even if you aren't the champion, then it doesn't mean you're you aren't successful.

However, as we saw all through the 90s with the Chiefs, and in the last decade with the 'Skins, if you aren't on the way up, then you're nothing more than stagnant and mediocre, especially if you're using old washed up or scrub QBs.

I'd take 9-7 this year if we are growing from there.

But if I were a Buc fan, I wouldn't be thrilled with that team's direction from there.
    But the Giants won, and they were pretty close to washed-up, mid-way through the season. They were ready to give up on ELI and call him washed-up too.

The Ravens won without a QB. The Bucs won with Rob Johnson.

The Bears went to a Super Bowl with Rex Grossman. The Raiders took a career backup there.

Look back on some Super Bowls and you will find that there are a whole lot of mediocre teams that have won it, and been there.

And the Bucs had a pretty good shot at it last season. Especially when you consider that the equally mediocre Giants wound-up winning it.

But the Giants won, and they were pretty close to washed-up, mid-way through the season. They were ready to give up on ELI and call him washed-up too.
    The Giants were a team on the rise at the tail end of the season, because Eli Manning really started to get it.

I also don't believe that the Giants were ready to give up on Manning, because he was the first overall pick in the draft just 3 years prior.

The media nad the fans were ready to give up, but the Giants had too much invested to give up just yet.

The Ravens won without a QB. The Bucs won with Rob Johnson.

The Bears went to a Super Bowl with Rex Grossman. The Raiders took a career backup there.
    Those are the exceptions rather than the rule.
    BTW, just for clarities sake, that was Brad Johnson.

Look back on some Super Bowls and you will find that there are a whole lot of mediocre teams that have won it, and been there.
    A whole lot?

Not hardly.

And the Bucs had a pretty good shot at it last season. Especially when you consider that the equally mediocre Giants wound-up winning it.
    They had a pretty good shot at it?

Your opinion, and I strongly disagree.
    That team sucked ***.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast