Thread: Gretz: Roster Unknown

Default Gretz: Roster Unknown

Bob gretz wrote a couple of articles on KCChiefs.com about unknown players likely to make the roster this year. Personally, I am with him on Maurice Price. As much as I want to get excited about some of our other recievers (Sippio, Franklin), realistically, Price is the only one out of the entire crop that really showed he could be #2 to Bowe, at least judging by what I saw at Mini-Camp. He's got good size and runs great routes with surprisingly good speed.
    http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/06...maurice_price/

His "Roster Unknowns" are Maurice Price and Maurice Leggett?

There's a trend here.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    His "Roster Unknowns" are Maurice Price and Maurice Leggett?

There's a trend here.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????

Who the F is a Maurice Price??!He aint better than Jeff Webb or Sip.If anything I'll strongly consider seeing Jeff Webb or Sip start opposite to Bowe while B.J. Sams is the next option after Bowe and Sip.Devard Darling sucks.

[quote=Grbac;91099]Who the F is a Maurice Price??!He aint better than Jeff Webb or Sip. [quote]
    Well, there's your problem! You have no idea who this guy is so you are already try to judge him. Webb will be more experienced so he'll probably get the job but, judging by what I saw at mini-camp (yes, I know it's just mini-camp) Price showed more promise than anyone else. Our cornerbacks had trouble keeping up with him because he was too fast and he ran tight, diciplined routes. When plays broke down, he quickly found holes in the secondary and got open. As much as I love Sippio, he isn't fast enough to spread out wide and contend with NFL CBs on every down. Webb will be a good possesion reciever at best. My point was, the closest thing to another D-Bowe-big-play-reciever on our roster RIGHT NOW is Price. Just watch him play.
    B.J. Sams is the next option after Bowe and Sip.Devard Darling sucks.
    !?!? BJ Sams is a DB... in case you didn't know...
    Last edited by Nel Toille; 06-24-2008 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    Who the F is a Maurice Price??!He aint better than Jeff Webb or Sip.If anything I'll strongly consider seeing Jeff Webb or Sip start opposite to Bowe while B.J. Sams is the next option after Bowe and Sip.Devard Darling sucks.
    [quote=Nel Toille;91108][quote=Grbac;91099]Who the F is a Maurice Price??!He aint better than Jeff Webb or Sip.
    Well, there's your problem! You have no idea who this guy is so you are already try to judge him. Webb will be more experienced so he'll probably get the job but, judging by what I saw at mini-camp (yes, I know it's just mini-camp) Price showed more promise than anyone else. Our cornerbacks had trouble keeping up with him because he was too fast and he ran tight, diciplined routes. When plays broke down, he quickly found holes in the secondary and got open. As much as I love Sippio, he isn't fast enough to spread out wide and contend with NFL CBs on every down. Webb will be a good possesion reciever at best. My point was, the closest thing to another D-Bowe-big-play-reciever on our roster RIGHT NOW is Price. Just watch him play.

!?!? BJ Sams is a DB... in case you didn't know...

I do believe Sams will also serve as a returner...but doubtful they'd use him at WR as Nel points out!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat