Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Still looking for #2 WR

Default Still looking for #2 WR

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I don't think we're still looking for a #2. I think we have a #2... we just don't know which of the 4 guys it will be.

We've got five really talented guys capable of being a #2.

I mean when we're looking for a #2 guy, and when we have to choose from a list of:

Jeff Webb (6th round 2006)
    Devard Darling (3rd round 2004)
    Will Franklin (4th round 2008)
    Maurice Price (UFA 2007)
    Bobby Sippio (UFA 2007)
    Kevin Robinson (6th round 2008)

I think you'll see Bowe #1, Price as our #2 guy, Darling at #3, Webb at #4 and Franklin at #5.

Which means we'll be cutting Sippio and Robinson. Although Robinson will probably make it as a KR so, i'm not sure if that means he'll be #5 with Franklin or Webb getting cut.

The Chiefs by no means are in a bad position to find a #2 guy. The competition between the players should make the decision for #2 rather easy for the coaching staff to make. The tough decision is going to be which of these 2 or 3 guys gets cut.

But the talent is here to find a #2 guy and Chiefs fans should relax about this "problem."
    I agree with you that Price will be the #2, Franklin and Webb will make the team, Sippio probably cut, and I am a fan that wants Sippio to make it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    BUT he has strong hands and can use his big frame to box out defenders much like a tight end. Definitely not a #2 reciever but I'm sure he can be useful securing third down conversions.
    I didn't see much out of Franklin at Mini-Camp but I hear he's great at tracking down deep balls on fly routes and whatnot... that would be a nice addition except we don't really ever throw the ball past the first down marker.
    I think you want more from a WR than the ability to box out defenders, and Sippio simply doesn't have more.

I expect Gailey will have some deep balls in the playbook.

I'm glad more of you are seeing Price as our #2 guy as well. He's an unknown but he has the talent to fill that role.
    and to comment on what you said, milkman, I agree that you probably want more from a wideout than what you get from Sippio but he can fit into our scheme pretty well. We're going to be using the two tight end set a lot this year and he's kind of a tweener between tight end and wide reciever. When he got playing time last year, he lined up at the tight end/slot position on short yardage plays and he was a pretty decent blocker. If you have a guy that can block and catch the ball as well as he can, I say keep him, even if he doesn't have remarkable wide-out skills. Let's see how he does in the preseason.
    Last edited by Nel Toille; 06-26-2008 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I don't think we're still looking for a #2. I think we have a #2... we just don't know which of the 4 guys it will be.

We've got five really talented guys capable of being a #2.

I mean when we're looking for a #2 guy, and when we have to choose from a list of:

Jeff Webb (6th round 2006)
    Devard Darling (3rd round 2004)
    Will Franklin (4th round 2008)
    Maurice Price (UFA 2007)
    Bobby Sippio (UFA 2007)
    Kevin Robinson (6th round 2008)

I think you'll see Bowe #1, Price as our #2 guy, Darling at #3, Webb at #4 and Franklin at #5.

Which means we'll be cutting Sippio and Robinson. Although Robinson will probably make it as a KR so, i'm not sure if that means he'll be #5 with Franklin or Webb getting cut.

The Chiefs by no means are in a bad position to find a #2 guy. The competition between the players should make the decision for #2 rather easy for the coaching staff to make. The tough decision is going to be which of these 2 or 3 guys gets cut.

But the talent is here to find a #2 guy and Chiefs fans should relax about this "problem."
    OK Herm.

I will just "get over it" then.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    OK Herm.

I will just "get over it" then.

It's OKYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    It's OKYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
    Are you sure!!!!!

I think Franklin will adapt to the pro level and make an impact quickly. He didn't put up huge numbers at Mizzou. But after watching him play, his strengths are glarring. He has good speed. Great hands, his route running is sharp. And he plays the game with inteligence. He will be one of those late round picks that will have alot of success. And be around for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by SomewhereoverDwayneBowe View Post
    I think Franklin will adapt to the pro level and make an impact quickly. He didn't put up huge numbers at Mizzou. But after watching him play, his strengths are glarring. He has good speed. Great hands, his route running is sharp. And he plays the game with inteligence. He will be one of those late round picks that will have alot of success. And be around for a long time.
    I disagree. Did you watch Mizzou football last year? He dropped a lot of passes. Even catchable passes right between the numbers.

I'm rooting for him. I hope he's improved his concentration and catching ability. He has good speed for his size. He is also good after the catch(when he catches the ball),

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I wanna know who is gonna return the ball??? Last year was a discrace!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't think it matters much. I honestly believe that Devin Hester would have looked human here last year. I don't think the actual returner position is the problem with our return game.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I don't think it matters much. I honestly believe that Devin Hester would have looked human here last year. I don't think the actual returner position is the problem with our return game.
    I've never heard you say that. I feel the same way. Chief31 and I agree on something.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast