Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello Fellow Chiefs Fans

Default Hello Fellow Chiefs Fans

Howdy Folks,

I'm a 42yo electrician from Central MO. I have 4 kids, my son turns 16 soon and I have three daughters, 9, 4, 6 months old (what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas:) ).

I've had season tickets since Marty's first year and am tired of saying "Wait until next year".

Going to see what you all think of the draft, Trent's future and the LJ trade rumors. My thoughts are Draft=OK, Trent=See ya, LJ=Don't do it Dumba**.

See Ya on the boards
    Wait until next year

Good to hear from ya. I look forward to hearing some more of your opinions. I'll be the "negative Nancy" tearing this team down, every couple of posts.

Quote Originally Posted by cf2112 View Post
    Howdy Folks,

I'm a 42yo electrician from Central MO. I have 4 kids, my son turns 16 soon and I have three daughters, 9, 4, 6 months old (what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas:) ).

I've had season tickets since Marty's first year and am tired of saying "Wait until next year".

Going to see what you all think of the draft, Trent's future and the LJ trade rumors. My thoughts are Draft=OK, Trent=See ya, LJ=Don't do it Dumba**.

See Ya on the boards
    Good to see ya cf2112!

My thoughts about LJ are that while I love to watch his talent on the field, his attitude has IMO much to be desired; so a trade for him of equal value, while surprising, would not terribly upset me.

Howdy Folks,

See Ya on the boards
    I am one of the guys who would have supported the trading of L.J. He is highly overrated, there has never been a better time to trade someone. This season, he will struggle, behind a poor offensive line, thus dropping his value, considerably. He wants L.T. money and is nowhere near worth that.

He runs the ball well, up the middle. Ask him to run outside and he will deliberately run it out of bounds, because he doesn't understand that creativity, within the running game, keeps the defense off-balance. He doesn't fair well at picking-up blitzers, in pass protection. He is average in his recieving abilities. And, since he wants more money than L.T., he doesn't throw touchdown passes. Partner these defficiencies with a noticable attitude and then try to justify that kind of pay increase.

Just like dealing with stocks, or any other type of product, the term "sell high" applies.

You maybe right about this being the time to trade him, but I see it being hard to get anything/anybody to equal his worth vs his lose. I'm betting a deal for Trent is still more likely and a better thing to do at this time. That said with CP in charge I have no idea what's going to happen.
    Wait until next year

cf - is the 2112 a prediction of our next SuperBowl victory? I was really hoping not to wait that long....

I said a few months back (before the rumors started) it was time to trade LJ (agreeing with the "sell high" approach of chief31). You will have to franchise the guy next year. He has never been hotter after his last 2 seasons. Attitude problems. He is not going to carry any team anywhere. He is too one dimensional.

BUT - since he is still here after draft weekend, he will be here throughout the year. Then franchised and probably made an offer to go somewhere else at the end of next year. Thus, the need for the RB selected today...
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post
    cf - is the 2112 a prediction of our next SuperBowl victory? I was really hoping not to wait that long.......
    CF is Chiefs Fan and 2112 is the Rush album that started my sex, drugs and Rock n Roll "Lost Weekend" :character0011: . I use this same screen name everywhere I post mainly Cigar BB's. Here in Central MO everyone is a Cards/Lambs fan except me and my family.

My prediction for the Super Bowl and all Chiefs games is Chiefs 63 Opponents 0, it doesn't change and WHEN it happens I'll run nekid through the streets:sign0095:
    Wait until next year

CF is Chiefs Fan and 2112 is the Rush album that started my sex, drugs and Rock n Roll "Lost Weekend" :character0011: . I use this same screen name everywhere I post mainly Cigar BB's. Here in Central MO everyone is a Cards/Lambs fan except me and my family.

My prediction for the Super Bowl and all Chiefs games is Chiefs 63 Opponents 0, it doesn't change and WHEN it happens I'll run nekid through the streets:sign0095:

A Rush fan eh???

Do you post on any other Chiefs boards.

This is the only one so far, did someone take my name at another?
    Wait until next year

This is the only one so far, did someone take my name at another?

Nope I have just ran into a couple else where; I'm glad you have made yourself at home here though. :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast