Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Simms appears to be going to be cut..

Default Chris Simms appears to be going to be cut..

With Chris Simms getting closed to being cut... is he better than what we've got on the books now to give him a look.

Nope. The only reason you would be mentioning his name is because of his Daddy.

Is he better that what we currently have? Yes, probably. Will they go after him, probably not. I don't think he is the answer for any team at QB. If he was, TB wouldn't release him, they would try to trade him. It's not like TB is stacked with great QB's.

I don't think he is any better than waht we have.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFCANNON View Post
    With Chris Simms getting closed to being cut... is he better than what we've got on the books now to give him a look.

Dude; quit lurking and start posting more!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I don't think he is any better than waht we have.
    Before he injured his spleen (Is that what it was?, I can't remember for sure), he looked like he was just starting to get it.

I don't know that he'll ever amount to anything, but I do know that Huard has never amounted to anything.

I would not be opposed to going after him and letting him compete in camp for the vet backup spot.

Who knows, maybe in the right system he could still have some potential.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Before he injured his spleen (Is that what it was?, I can't remember for sure), he looked like he was just starting to get it.

I don't know that he'll ever amount to anything, but I do know that Huard has never amounted to anything.

I would not be opposed to going after him and letting him compete in camp for the vet backup spot.

Career backup; that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post

He did help us get to the playoffs.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    He did help us get to the playoffs.

True, but I kinda think that six or seven other teams losing had a little more to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    True, but I kinda think that six or seven other teams losing had a little more to do with that.
    Also true, but I hate seeing people get down in the mouth about Huard when he came in and did his job-- probably better than expected by most. I imagine people would be singing a different tune had he not been totally screwed out of playing-time in that playoff appearance against the Colts and was able to help the Chiefs find a win.

Remember, we decided to get off the horse we rode there. I think Huard was treated unfairly by the organization and to slam him for being a career backup just continues that trend. Give the guy a break.

He was our backup QB-- as he always has been, his entire career. When he was called upon, he did what was asked of him. He's not a franchise player, nor is he the kind of guy that is going to carry a team to a championship. However, he is a consistent veteran who will keep mistakes to a fair minimum which will allow the rest of the team to step up and give themselves a chance to win. Sure, he's not starting material. He's a backup-- and a damn good one, IMO.
    Last edited by m0ef0e; 06-21-2008 at 01:07 PM.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast