Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arrowhead Stadium

Default Arrowhead Stadium

Anyone got pictures of the stadium, which I can use for my site:

http://www.stadiumzone.net

I'm going to make a big NFL section, but it's hard to find high quality pictures of the stadium.
    Thanks for the help guys. :)

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    High School? How cool that would have been, to play one of my High School games in Arrowhead!
    I know. High School games have gone a long ways since I was there. Back then, just to have your scores announced on the news was a big deal. Now they have highlights and games of the week with sideline reporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I know. High School games have gone a long ways since I was there. Back then, just to have your scores announced on the news was a big deal. Now they have highlights and games of the week with sideline reporters.
    Yep, the only time we had tv news at a home game was when Bob Dole was running for the Senate and was at our game!

Quote Originally Posted by galaxtico View Post
    Anyone got pictures of the stadium, which I can use for my site:

http://www.stadiumzone.net

I'm going to make a big NFL section, but it's hard to find high quality pictures of the stadium.
    Thanks for the help guys. :)
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/photoplog/

Arrowhead Stadium
    Today, after over 35 years of existence, Arrowhead Stadium remains one of the finest stadiums in the NFL. After three years in Dallas as the Texans, owner Lamar Hunt moved the team to Kansas City in 1963 and renamed the team the Chiefs. For nearly a decade the Chiefs shared an aging Municipal Stadium with the Royals (MLB). By the mid 1960s the City of Kansas City began to look for sites to construct a stadium, but failed in their effort. In 1966 the Jackson County Sports Complex Authority was established to acquire land, design, construct and get funding for a new stadium. Original plans were for a multipurpose stadium but these plans were scrapped because of design and seating capacity problems. Unlike many other cities that were building multipurpose stadiums at the time, the county decided to build two new stadiums, one for baseball and one for football. In June 1967 a $102 million bond was issued for construction of two sports stadiums. Construction on the Truman Sports Complex began on July 11, 1968. A rolling roof was once a part of the original design for both stadiums but was scrapped because of cost overruns and project delays.
    After more than four years of construction, the stadium was completed in time for the start of the 1972 season. The facility was named Arrowhead Stadium. The Kansas City Chiefs played their first game at Arrowhead Stadium on August 12, 1972 against the St. Louis Cardinals. When the stadium opened it was way ahead of its time because of its great sightlines and it was not like other stadiums that were being constructed that were multipurpose. Over 79,000 red and gold seats in three tiers, enclosed the entire Astroturf playing surface in 1972. Since its opening, Arrowhead Stadium has underwent numerous improvements. In 1984, officials discussed adding a dome to Arrowhead Stadium. However, the idea was scrapped because of project costs. A JumboTron videoboard was added above the upper deck rim past the south endzone in 1991. Arrowhead Stadium received its present appearance in 1994, when the Astroturf playing field was replaced with natural grass. In 1999 and 2000 all 79,000 seats were replaced. Arrowhead Stadium has several amenities, including the Arrowhead Club, over 10,000 club seats and 80 luxury suites. Arrowhead Stadium continues to sell out every game, and is one of the NFL’s loudest stadiums. The Chiefs are also known as having one of the best tailgating experiences in the NFL, much like that found for college football games. In August 2007, the Chiefs unveiled renovation plans for Arrowhead Stadium. This massive renovation plan, to be completed by 2010 will include the Horizons Level that will be constructed on the atop the upper deck on the south side of the stadium. It will include a new pressbox, luxury suites and premium seats. The entire expansion and renovation project will add 500,000 square feet to the stadium. There will be 50% more concession stands and 80% more bathrooms.

I love Arrowhead Stadium!! It is the grandest stadium in the NFL!!! Arrowhead is the home of the best NFL team, The Kansas City Chiefs!!!!
    ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!
    GO CHIEFS!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12