Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Green vs. Chiefs - Rd 1

Default Green vs. Chiefs - Rd 1

"In reality, if the Chiefs wanted to be jerks about it, they could drag it all the way until training camp," Green said. "That would hurt no one but me and my family. It would just be a real negative for us in terms of trying to get kids situated, finding a house and finding schools and all the things that families have to do."

(full article here: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...a-sports-front)

I thought it would come to this. With no trade done and Green owed a ton of money, it would come down to who can make who look the worst -- and I believe Trent will lose this battle. Throwing the word "jerk" around is not likely to get you anywhere - Trent obviously didn't take negotiations 101 in college.

He is under contract and nothing in the contract says if we are going to release you will do it at a certain date to make it easy for you and the family.

I imagine next response will be Chiefs stating Trent had already agreed in prinicple to re-structure for the Chiefs prior to the trade talks starting...

I say round one goes to Trent, but I don't think he will win the PR battle with the Chiefs.

Who do you think will win?
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by leatherfan View Post
    Thanks for the welcome.

Im not here to talk trash or smack,just good football talk.
    I agree with you guys that trent was/is still a great quarterback,however he's taking his life into his own hands by coming to miami.
    Culpepper was sacked 21/22 times in the first 4 games last year.That would pretty much end greens football career.Imo greens body couldnt handle that.
    The dolphins have Culpepper,Lemon and Beck.So miami's thinking is keep the offer low and see what happens.If the chiefs end up keeping green than miami's gamble didnt work,We can play the year with qb's we have.
    If the chiefs cut Green than miami has its stating quarterback.

The point is that Miami is not a playoff contending football team right now.There are to many ? marks on this team.Green would be brought in to take as many snaps as he can and help tutor John Beck.

Thats why i say a gap quarterback.One year deal If he last a year in Miami??

Dont get me wrong.I would be all for giving a 6th round and a contingent next year 4th or 5th depend ing on Greens playing time.
    The biggest mistake, in this situation, is Trent Greens failure to "shop" himself. He went to the 'Phins and had his mind made up. He needed to get some offers from the Browns, Redskins, Vikings, someone else. If I were Trent, I would be a little bit insulted by the fact that my trade value was a very late sixth round pick. Not to blame Miami, they realize that they don't really need him. But, that was the only offer made.

Now, however, as a Chiefs fan, I say screw Miami. Don't let them get Trent, without giving up a thing. Keep him. He is under contract. If he wanted to leave, he should have found us some compensation.

Thanks for the welcome.

Im not here to talk trash or smack,just good football talk.
    I agree with you guys that trent was/is still a great quarterback,however he's taking his life into his own hands by coming to miami.
    Culpepper was sacked 21/22 times in the first 4 games last year.That would pretty much end greens football career.Imo greens body couldnt handle that.
    The dolphins have Culpepper,Lemon and Beck.So miami's thinking is keep the offer low and see what happens.If the chiefs end up keeping green than miami's gamble didnt work,We can play the year with qb's we have.
    If the chiefs cut Green than miami has its stating quarterback.

The point is that Miami is not a playoff contending football team right now.There are to many ? marks on this team.Green would be brought in to take as many snaps as he can and help tutor John Beck.

Thats why i say a gap quarterback.One year deal If he last a year in Miami??

Dont get me wrong.I would be all for giving a 6th round and a contingent next year 4th or 5th depend ing on Greens playing time.
    ...Hey no worries.

Trent has the same scenario regarding the "O" line here in KC; in fact the Dolphins and the Chiefs are very similar in that we are no more a play-off team then you guys are IMO, and that's why I believe that he really is thinking retirement there in Miami.

If I were Trent, I would be a little bit insulted by the fact that my trade value was a very late sixth round pick.
    This is my whole point,Trents not the one getting screwed,its the Chiefs.
    Trent already has a contract wrote up waiting to be signed,He dont care what the dolphins offer the chiefs..
    Trent is gonna get either what the dolphins offered him or the 7+million the chiefs are gonna have to pay him.

Its a win win situation for trent.

Smile

Hey no worries.
    Im a member of finheaven,and I know people usually think a fan of another team would come in here just to talk smack.
    Thats not why im here,I just like to know what chief fans think of the trent green situation.

Im a member of finheaven,and I know people usually think a fan of another team would come in here just to talk smack.
    Thats not why im here,I just like to know what chief fans think of the trent green situation.
    Well speaking only for myself: I'm a big fan of Trent Green and wish that things in KC was better for him, and think that the situation regarding Green is a bit of a mess IMO.

This is my whole point,Trents not the one getting screwed,its the Chiefs.
    Trent already has a contract wrote up waiting to be signed,He dont care what the dolphins offer the chiefs..
    Trent is gonna get either what the dolphins offered him or the 7+million the chiefs are gonna have to pay him.

Its a win win situation for trent.
    Not!!! Trent wants to play. That was the basis for his agreeing to the Dolphins' terms. Also, there was an agreement between Trent and the Chiefs for a new contract, before he was allowed to seek a trade. Therefore, the Chiefs may have an argument against his seven million dollar salary. Fact is, Trent is currently upset because he hasn't been relesed yet. He will be even more upset, if he doesn't get released, at all.

Unfortunately, what is likeliest to happen is, he will be released, as late as possible. Because our front office won't have the cajones to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Not!!! Trent wants to play. That was the basis for his agreeing to the Dolphins' terms. Also, there was an agreement between Trent and the Chiefs for a new contract, before he was allowed to seek a trade. Therefore, the Chiefs may have an argument against his seven million dollar salary. Fact is, Trent is currently upset because he hasn't been relesed yet. He will be even more upset, if he doesn't get released, at all.

Unfortunately, what is likeliest to happen is, he will be released, as late as possible. Because our front office won't have the cajones to keep him.
    Well we are talking about the same front office that allowed Gunther to learn that he was fired as Head coach over the internet.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Well we are talking about the same front office that allowed Gunther to learn that he was fired as Head coach over the internet.
    Exactly, I lost what little respect I had for Chief's mamagement after that little fiasco. Gutless is my description of that little bit of upper management.

:character00116:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    Exactly, I lost what little respect I had for Chief's management after that little fiasco. Gutless is my description of that little bit of upper management.

:character00116:

I agree; if you hire a man face to face then you ought to, at least, have intestinal fortitude to fire him the exact same way.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

I agree that he will be released as late as possible. Carl is hoping that Miami spends a ton of money signing their draft picks, free agents, and another QB so that they won't have the cap room to sign Trent when the Chiefs are forced to release him. It's a nice little pissing match between Carl and the Fins organization.

We could have used that 7mm in cap room and salary to address a lot of needs. LT for example. Instead, Carl is afraid to have egg on his face by releasing Trent and not getting anything for him, then having the Dolphins pick him up for free. So we'll miss the opportunity to take advantage of the people like Faneca that are floating on the market due to us keeping Trent's cap hit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast