Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Green vs. Chiefs - Rd 1

Default Green vs. Chiefs - Rd 1

"In reality, if the Chiefs wanted to be jerks about it, they could drag it all the way until training camp," Green said. "That would hurt no one but me and my family. It would just be a real negative for us in terms of trying to get kids situated, finding a house and finding schools and all the things that families have to do."

(full article here: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...a-sports-front)

I thought it would come to this. With no trade done and Green owed a ton of money, it would come down to who can make who look the worst -- and I believe Trent will lose this battle. Throwing the word "jerk" around is not likely to get you anywhere - Trent obviously didn't take negotiations 101 in college.

He is under contract and nothing in the contract says if we are going to release you will do it at a certain date to make it easy for you and the family.

I imagine next response will be Chiefs stating Trent had already agreed in prinicple to re-structure for the Chiefs prior to the trade talks starting...

I say round one goes to Trent, but I don't think he will win the PR battle with the Chiefs.

Who do you think will win?
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

I think that Trent needed to give the Chiefs a few more options. Even one more option, would have raised his trade value. By telling other teams that he was only interested in talking to the Miami Dolphins, he gave the Dolphins leverage.

I hope that we keep him. I'm not concerned with the fact that he doesn't want to be here. The Chiefs "gave him permission" to speak with other teams. Now the Chiefs are "jerks"? We need to get some value, in trade, for him. Otherwise, keep him here.

The Dolphins were JERKS. The only offer that they made, for Trent, was a very late sixth round pick!?!?!?!? Hey Dolphins.....GET BENT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I think that Trent needed to give the Chiefs a few more options. Even one more option, would have raised his trade value. By telling other teams that he was only interested in talking to the Miami Dolphins, he gave the Dolphins leverage.

I hope that we keep him. I'm not concerned with the fact that he doesn't want to be here. The Chiefs "gave him permission" to speak with other teams. Now the Chiefs are "jerks"? We need to get some value, in trade, for him. Otherwise, keep him here.

The Dolphins were JERKS. The only offer that they made, for Trent, was a very late sixth round pick!?!?!?!? Hey Dolphins.....GET BENT!!!!!

I agree; that was never an offer that the Chiefs were going to take seriously.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

if i was trent, after having my head banged around, i would retire. he seems like he knows how to manage his money he has made so i dont think he`s broke. then go into broadcasting. after the years that i had under a coach that knew what an ofense was, anything under a 4th rnd draft pick wouldbe insulting.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    if i was trent, after having my head banged around, i would retire. he seems like he knows how to manage his money he has made so i dont think he`s broke. then go into broadcasting. after the years that i had under a coach that knew what an ofense was, anything under a 4th rnd draft pick wouldbe insulting.

I agree; although I would love to see him as our QB coach.

Who Cares, Trent Is The Past, Bring Me The Future!!!

I agree that Trent is the past. But For what he has done for this Team ,its a shame that this is all happening. He was a true blue chief . He gave everything to this team and I hope he has a good life whatever happens. I will laugh when the dolphins show up with a crap QB on opening day because Culpepper is not gonna be healthy and could go downagain at anytime. Then where are they? The have nothing for backups. Trent would have saved the Day IMO for the dolphins . Even for only a year or two. Trent should be bummed at the phins for not trying harder to get him . Shows what they really think hes worth. I hope we keep him also.... Screw the Phins! GO CHIEFS !!!

Trent isn't the past yet. He is presently affecting our team. I still think Trent is a great QB and if he is in a competition for a spot...I think he would beat out Huard and Croyle. I hope he gets what he deserves. I hear everyone talk about lack of player loyalty because guys play for a different team every year, well how about a little bit of loyalty to a great QB who put everything he had into his career in KC and now everyone loves Huard. 5-3...whit LJ carrying the ball all day. I am not sold on Huard and I never will be. I say put Trent out there and let him play like Favre. Forget Herms play calling just let Trent do his thing. It will be a better Offence than Herm and Solari can put out there. (even though he will probably be throwinf to kickers all year long)
    Last edited by Chiefster; 05-09-2007 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    I agree that Trent is the past. But For what he has done for this Team ,its a shame that this is all happening. He was a true blue chief . He gave everything to this team and I hope he has a good life whatever happens. I will laugh when the dolphins show up with a crap QB on opening day because Culpepper is not gonna be healthy and could go downagain at anytime. Then where are they? The have nothing for backups. Trent would have saved the Day IMO for the dolphins . Even for only a year or two. Trent should be bummed at the phins for not trying harder to get him . Shows what they really think hes worth. I hope we keep him also.... Screw the Phins! GO CHIEFS !!!
    Amen. The Phins will suck with their current QB situation. They need Trent now more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Trent isn't the past yet. He is presently affecting our team. I still think Trent is a great QB and if he is in a competition for a spot...I think he would beat out Huard and Croyle. I hope he gets what he deserves. I hear everyone talk about lack of player loyalty because guys play for a different team every year, well how about a little bit of loyalty to a great QB who put everything he had into his career in KC and now everyone loves Huard. 5-3...whit LJ carrying the ball all day. I am not sold on Huard and I never will be. I say put Trent out there and let him play like Favre. Forget Herms play calling just let Trent do his thing. It will be a better Offence than Herm and Solari can put out there. (even though he will probably be throwinf to kickers all year long)
    Ditto, and nor I; yet.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast