"In reality, if the Chiefs wanted to be jerks about it, they could drag it all the way until training camp," Green said. "That would hurt no one but me and my family. It would just be a real negative for us in terms of trying to get kids situated, finding a house and finding schools and all the things that families have to do."

(full article here: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...a-sports-front)

I thought it would come to this. With no trade done and Green owed a ton of money, it would come down to who can make who look the worst -- and I believe Trent will lose this battle. Throwing the word "jerk" around is not likely to get you anywhere - Trent obviously didn't take negotiations 101 in college.

He is under contract and nothing in the contract says if we are going to release you will do it at a certain date to make it easy for you and the family.

I imagine next response will be Chiefs stating Trent had already agreed in prinicple to re-structure for the Chiefs prior to the trade talks starting...

I say round one goes to Trent, but I don't think he will win the PR battle with the Chiefs.

Who do you think will win?