Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Still looking for #2 WR

Default Still looking for #2 WR

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH sIPPIO?? i THOUGHT HE LOOKED GOOD IN CAMP LAST YEAR...

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH sIPPIO?? i THOUGHT HE LOOKED GOOD IN CAMP LAST YEAR...
    Sippio is slow, is poor route runner, and can't get separation.

Well I'm sure hoping it's not Franklin unless he's gotten rid of his stone hands. He dropped a lot of catchable balls at Mizzou.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Sippio is slow, is poor route runner, and can't get separation.
    BUT he has strong hands and can use his big frame to box out defenders much like a tight end. Definitely not a #2 reciever but I'm sure he can be useful securing third down conversions.
    I didn't see much out of Franklin at Mini-Camp but I hear he's great at tracking down deep balls on fly routes and whatnot... that would be a nice addition except we don't really ever throw the ball past the first down marker.

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    BUT he has strong hands and can use his big frame to box out defenders much like a tight end. Definitely not a #2 reciever but I'm sure he can be useful securing third down conversions.
    I didn't see much out of Franklin at Mini-Camp but I hear he's great at tracking down deep balls on fly routes and whatnot... that would be a nice addition except we don't really ever throw the ball past the first down marker.

Good point!

I don't think we're still looking for a #2. I think we have a #2... we just don't know which of the 4 guys it will be.

We've got five really talented guys capable of being a #2.

I mean when we're looking for a #2 guy, and when we have to choose from a list of:

Jeff Webb (6th round 2006)
    Devard Darling (3rd round 2004)
    Will Franklin (4th round 2008)
    Maurice Price (UFA 2007)
    Bobby Sippio (UFA 2007)
    Kevin Robinson (6th round 2008)

I think you'll see Bowe #1, Price as our #2 guy, Darling at #3, Webb at #4 and Franklin at #5.

Which means we'll be cutting Sippio and Robinson. Although Robinson will probably make it as a KR so, i'm not sure if that means he'll be #5 with Franklin or Webb getting cut.

The Chiefs by no means are in a bad position to find a #2 guy. The competition between the players should make the decision for #2 rather easy for the coaching staff to make. The tough decision is going to be which of these 2 or 3 guys gets cut.

But the talent is here to find a #2 guy and Chiefs fans should relax about this "problem."

Honestly, I don't care who wins the #2 position, as long as the dude can catch, has at least SOME route-running ability, and can throw himself in front of defenders to slow guys down for LJ.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I don't think we're still looking for a #2. I think we have a #2... we just don't know which of the 4 guys it will be.

We've got five really talented guys capable of being a #2.

I mean when we're looking for a #2 guy, and when we have to choose from a list of:

Jeff Webb (6th round 2006)
    Devard Darling (3rd round 2004)
    Will Franklin (4th round 2008)
    Maurice Price (UFA 2007)
    Bobby Sippio (UFA 2007)
    Kevin Robinson (6th round 2008)

I think you'll see Bowe #1, Price as our #2 guy, Darling at #3, Webb at #4 and Franklin at #5.

Which means we'll be cutting Sippio and Robinson. Although Robinson will probably make it as a KR so, i'm not sure if that means he'll be #5 with Franklin or Webb getting cut.

The Chiefs by no means are in a bad position to find a #2 guy. The competition between the players should make the decision for #2 rather easy for the coaching staff to make. The tough decision is going to be which of these 2 or 3 guys gets cut.

But the talent is here to find a #2 guy and Chiefs fans should relax about this "problem."
    I meant we were looking for a # 2 out of the WRs we already have that are mentioned in the article. Should have worded it differently I guess.

I wanna know who is gonna return the ball??? Last year was a discrace!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast