Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Herm Edwards The Antichrist Of Chiefs Or The Savior?

Default Is Herm Edwards The Antichrist Of Chiefs Or The Savior?

OVER THESE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS WITH HERM UNDER THE HELM THERE S ONE THING THATS BEEN CONSISTANT. THAT MY THOUGHTS ON HIM HAVE BEEN ANY THING BUT CONSISTANT. WHICH GOT ME WONDERING IS HERM LEADING US INTO ABYSS OR IN TO THE FOOTBALL LIGHT WE CALL A FUTURE SUPERBOWL? I WILL BREAK THIS DOWN IN EQUATION AS BAD HERM vs GOOD HERM TO TRY TO FIGURE OUT THIS ANSWER.

BAD HERM: HERM TRADES JARED ALLEN. THIS COULD POTENTIALLY SEAL HERMS FATE IF ALLEN BECOMES THE NEXT REGGIE WHITE AND THE ROOKIES DONT PRODUCE.

GOOD HERM: BECAUSE OF THE ALLEN TRADE, HERM WAS ABLE TO DRAFT TO KEY 1ST RD PICKUPS. THIS IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE ALBERT AND DORSEY COULD MAN BOTH OF THE LINES FOR YEARS TO COME AND BECOME THE CONERSTONE OF A GREAT FRANCHISE.

BAD HERM: HERM PROMISES A STRONG DRAFT ON OFFENSIVE LINEMAN AND DOES NOT DELIVER. ALTHOUGH ALBERT SHOULD BE GOOD, HERM DID NOT REBUILD THE LINE THROUGH THE DRAFT LIKE I WOULD LIKE.

GOOD HERM: EVEN THOUGH I FEEL WE SHOULD OF DRAFTED MORE O-LINE PLAYERS, IT STILL NEEDS TO BE SAID THAT THE CHIEFS HAD THE BEST OVERALL DRAFT THIS YEAR IN THE NFL.

BAD HERM: HERM AND PETERSON ALLOW MANY KEY FREE AGENT ACCQUISITIONS TO GET AWAY AND DONT GO AFTER MANY OTHERS. INCLUDING FANECA WHO I SO DESPERATELY WANTED!

GOOD HERM: HERM (SAYS REBUILDING THROUGH THE DRAFT IS THE WAY TO GO.) I ALSO BELIEVE IN THAT A 100% BUT I STILL THINK THERE WERE KEY FREE AGENTS WE MISSED OUT ON.

BAD HERM: HERM SEEMES TO LET PROVEN TALENT GO JUST TO MAKE THE ROSTER APPEAR YOUNGER. EXAMPLE: TYNES, YOU CANT TELL ME MEDLOCK WAS BETTER THEN HIM. HE COULDNT MAKE ANY THING!

GOOD HERM: THE TRENT GREEN TRADE. NOW LOOKING AT IT SEEMS THE RIGHT THING SEEING HIS DECLINE IN MIAMI. BUT WAS GREENS DECLINE IN THE FIRST PLACE HERMS FAULT. CONSIDERING HIS REP TO GET ALL QBs KILLED!

BAD HERM: AS I SAID BEFORE EVERY WHERE HERM GOES HIS STARTING QUARTER BACK GOES DOWN(PENNINGTON, GREEN) AND I DONT THINK ITS A COINCIDENT. MORE LIKE A OVER LACKING CREATIVITY ON OFFENCE WITH ALL OF HIS TEAMS.
    HAPPENS WITH DEFESIVE MINDED COACHES OFTEN.

GOOD HERM: ALTHOUGH HERM GETS HIS STARTERS HURT HE SEEMS TO FIND A WAY TO STILL WIN WITH BACKUP QBs( exaple:HUARD). BUT IS IT WORTH NEVER HAVING A PROVEN CONSISTANT QB?

WELL THERE YOU HAVE IT. I STILL DONT KNOW WHICH HE IS, A GODSENT OR A CURSE! BUT I DO KNOW THIS IF HE DOES LEAD US INTO ABYSS. ARROWHEAD WILL RISE LIKE A THE RED SEA CALLING FOR THE IMMEDIATE DEPARTURE OF COACH HERM EDWARDS!

BUT IN THE CHANCE THAT HE IS OUR SAVIOR AND DOES SHOW US THE LIGHT. THAT GLEEM! THAT MAGNIFICENT LIGHT REFLECTING OFF THE SUPERBOWL TROPHY! THAT ALL OF KC SO DESPARATELY WISHES FOR!
    THEN IT WILL NEVER GET OLD DRINKING BEER AND CELEBRATING HERM EDWARDS AS OUR SUPERBOWL SAVIOR!

sorry, i was in a hurry and spelled certain words wrong. Including consistent!

Curse
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Season opener his first year here, he killed the enthusiasm in the crowd by wearing White Jersey's. He killed a Chiefs Tradition his very first game. Trent got hurt and we blew a lead.

He talked about doing it again last year and Carl vetoed him.

Edwards is overrated. He obviously hired a really good PR team and has buddies that are radio and TV announcers that boost his rep. Because he has shown little in accomplishments in 7 years as a head coach. Regular season win-loss of 52-60 and .464 percentage. Playoff record of 2-4 and .333 percentage. He's won 1 Divisional Championship in 7 years. Just look at his rollercoaster seasons and you know he's not a solid coach.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Season opener his first year here, he killed the enthusiasm in the crowd by wearing White Jersey's. He killed a Chiefs Tradition his very first game. Trent got hurt and we blew a lead.

He talked about doing it again last year and Carl vetoed him.
    I wanted his head on a lance for that BS.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I got a be honest if Herm wins then i love him but something about him just irratates me................... I miss Vermeil.

My feeling on Herm is as follows: I think he's a good evaulator of talent for the draft. I think he's shown that since he's been here. But I don't think he's a good game time coach and doesn't use his players effectively. The loss of Allen was a big blow for the defense. I think it will set the defense back this year, until the rookies get up to speed. Which I think we have the talent on that side of the ball to become a very good defense. But before the Allen trade I was counting on the defense to keep us in some games while the offense got up to speed. But now I could see us having a rough first half of next season and then hopefully gelling the last half. CP and Herm seem so bent on the youth movement at the expense of letting key veterans go that could at least keep us competitive. Overall, I don't think Herm makes a good head coach because he doesn't seem to be able to handle all aspects of that position adequately.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

I don't think Herman ****ing Edwards is either the antichrist or the savior.

A better analogy will be Moses.

He has lead us out of captivity from our oppressor (Carl), but will never himself enter the promised land when his people finally get there.

Quote Originally Posted by KiNgSmOkEy View Post
    I got a be honest if Herm wins then i love him but something about him just irratates me................... I miss Vermeil.
    I miss Marty-Ball :( ....go ahead, flame me!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast