Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barry LIKES BArry, here's why

Default Barry LIKES BArry, here's why

Ok, lets look at the stats first:
    BARRY RICHARDSON
    FRONT AND CENTER:
    6'7" 330 lbs (HUGE) Sure we can run to the right this year!!
    Hometown, Mount Pleasant, SC

Richardson Fact: Has started 32 consecutive games at offensive tackle.
    Years Lettered: 2004,05,06
    Years Starter: 2004,05,06
    (BarryinStlouis, uhh, THREE YEAR STARTER)
    Bowl Participation:
    Starter at offensive tackle in the 2005 Champs Sports Bowl against Colorado; started at offensive tackle in the 2006 Music City Bowl against Kentucky.
    Fall 2007 Depth Chart Position: First-team offensive tackle

Overview: Preseason first-team All-American according to Playboy; it is the second straight year Clemson has had a Playboy All-American, as Gaines Adams was selected prior to 2006...preseason first-team All-American by Lindy's and Athlon...#4 offensive tackle in the nation by Lindy's and #45 player overall...#3 player regardless of position in the ACC by Lindy's...preseason third-team All-American by Street & Smith...preseason first-team All-ACC by Street & Smith...preseason All-America candidate, and candidate for the Lombardi and Outland Trophies in 2007...listed on the 2007 Football Writers Association preseason All-America checklist...first Clemson offensive tackle to earn first-team all-conference honors as an underclassman since Jim Bundren (1996)...in his fourth season as a starting offensive tackle; he has started since the fifth game of the 2004 season...has started 32 consecutive game and has played in 36 straight games...started as a first-year freshman, Clemson's first first-year freshman to start for the course of a season on the offensive line since 1943...first first-year freshman offensive lineman to start more than one game in a season since Joe Bostic (1975)...strong student-athlete who graduated a year early from Wando High in Mount Pleasant, SC...first scholarship football player to come to Clemson after just three years of high school...in his fourth year at Clemson, but is just 21 years of age...veteran of 36 games; he has 141 career knockdown blocks. (BarryinStlouis, WOW, we got this guy in the Sixth round?, another certification of our flawless draft this year)
    2006: Played 684 snaps, second-most on the team...had 75 knockdown blocks, second-most on the team...lost about 20 pounds prior to the season, and it had a positive effect on his performance...a big reason Clemson was fifth in the nation in rushing offense and third in the nation in fewest sacks allowed...allowed just two sacks...led the team in snaps in six games, including three of the last four...had nine games in which he graded in the 80s, including a season-high 89 percent against Louisiana Tech...had a terrific game against #13 Georgia Tech when he had an 85-percent grade and nine knockdown blocks...Clemson's nominee for ACC Offensive Lineman-of-the-Week in the win over ACC Champion Wake Forest; he had 11.5 knockdowns and graded 84 percent in 70 plays...had nine knockdowns in the win at #9 Florida State; he had a key block on James Davis' 47-yard run that led to Clemson's winning touchdown...had a strong game at Boston College with eight knockdowns and an 81-percent grade while playing 84 snaps...had at least four knockdowns in each of the last six games.
    2005: ACC Offensive Lineman-of-the-Week at N.C. State when he graded 82 percent with five knockdown blocks; first Tiger to be named ACC Offensive Lineman-of-the-Week since 2001...his performance against All-America defensive end Mario Williams stood out; he did not allow a sack, and Williams was credited with just two tackles; Williams led the ACC in sacks for the year and was the top pick of the NFL draft...had 11.5 knockdown blocks and an 88-percent grade against #16 Florida State...had an 88-percent grade at #19 South Carolina; so he was the most consistent offensive lineman in Clemson's wins over Bobby Bowden and Steve Spurrier...had two knockdown blocks in 72 plays, and graded 84 percent against Colorado to finish the year with three straight grades in the 80s...had 47 knockdown blocks (fifth on the team)...had six games in which he graded in the 80s...had five knockdown blocks and a 78-percent grade in 70 plays against #17 Texas A&M.
    2004: Started the last seven games after playing in the first four...played seven snaps against Wake Forest, then played 12 against Georgia Tech...played 38 snaps at Texas A&M, including all of the second half, then began starting at Florida State and started the rest of the year...played 49 snaps at Virginia, more than any other Tiger offensive lineman, and graded 77 percent; played at least 44 snaps in every game the rest of the year...had a standout game at #10 Miami (FL) when he helped Clemson to the win; had a 78-percent grade on 59 plays and had a season-high six knockdown blocks, more than any other Tiger offensive lineman in that game...had a solid game against South Carolina with an 81-percent grade on 49 plays...graded at least 75 percent in all eight starts, including a season-high 82 percent against Utah State...had 19 knockdown blocks, most on record for a Tiger first-year freshman since 1975...one of the reasons Clemson won five of the last six games...first Tiger first-year freshman offensive lineman to be considered a starter; his eight starts were most in history by a Tiger first-year freshman offensive lineman...first Tiger first-year freshman to start more than one game since Joe Bostic in 1975.

How do you ignore stats like this? How do stats like these fall to the 5th or 6th round? WOW!
    Ok, lets talk about this HIGHLY intelligent guy that Graduated BOTH High School, and College in a mere 3 years. He had 200 knockdown blocks in 49 games last year with the the nations 5th ranked rushing offense. (ya, we could use him)

He has OUTSTANDING size with a HUGE frame and VERY long arms. GREAT athleticism, great on his feet, with great MOBILITY and range, and he can FLAT OUT get to the second level. He is an excellent blocker with good body control, and he has alot of experience with "Big Competition"

What most scouts did not like about this guy, is that he is so calm. He does NOT have a mean streak, but when he locks on, game over.
    Most scouts have him as a "Massive drive blocker", and the downsides all seem to focus on his lack of any enthusiasm. (Oh we'll take care of that)

At his size, you cant help but notice his chance to compete with McDonaldtosh this year if he wants it. I look forward to more interviews with him than just the one on "The Red Zone" a couple of weeks ago.

The Point that Im making with this post my friends? We have guys like this backing up our starters WORST CASE scenario. This team is headed in the right direction my friends. Plain and Simple. With 6'7" 338 lb Giants to protect out Quarterback. If this guy would have played with some emotion, he would have went first or second round. But the scouts didnt connect with him because he had no "mean streak"

Lets get Krumrie to piss him off a bunch in camp, we'll see how long that lasts.

THE BIGGEST KANSAS CITY CHIEF FAN IN ST. LOUIS
    Remember, Stupidity kills more people than evil does.

How has he looked in OTA's?

He looked good, very massive

THE BIGGEST KANSAS CITY CHIEF FAN IN ST. LOUIS
    Remember, Stupidity kills more people than evil does.

I liking these kind of post, keep them coming, training camp is soon on us and its fire up for the season time.

Other than his size, everything I read about him. Reminds me of Will Shields.

The size is definitely nice. Hope he has the brains and agility to match.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Other than his size, everything I read about him. Reminds me of Will Shields.
    That's the first thing I thought of when I heard about him. Great mind, excellent body and talent. He COULD be a diamond in the rough?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Awesome post. Great info. Rep.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Thank God they didn't see his "mean streak" because i knew about this guy and was hoping we would get him. Believe it or not lol I drafted him from ncaa 08 to madden 08 and he was a beast for me on the game hopefully it comes to pass Welcome Barry good to see someone with hope !!!!! I think we win 9 games next year !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post
    Thank God they didn't see his "mean streak" because i knew about this guy and was hoping we would get him. Believe it or not lol I drafted him from ncaa 08 to madden 08 and he was a beast for me on the game hopefully it comes to pass Welcome Barry good to see someone with hope !!!!! I think we win 9 games next year !!!!
    I quit speculating on the number of games we might win in a given season. It's simply easier and less painful for me to have little or no expectations especially with Germ as head coach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast