Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Priest Holmes Update

Default Priest Holmes Update

http://www.kansascity.com/180/story/96140.html

I would love to see him back again , Even for only a year !

Boy, while I would love to see him, I would suggest, to him, if given the chance, to not come back. The Chiefs offensive line isn't the same and he would take alot more contact. As much as I would love to see him run, I would hate to see him suffer a worse injury, than he has already sustained.

He isn't going to get hurt for sure (although it is likely), but I am not going to start telling guys not to play cause they might get hurt. The only reason i wouldn't want him back is if he has lost a step. He is a big boy, he knows what happens on the field and if he is healthy and ready to go I say let him play

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    He isn't going to get hurt for sure (although it is likely), but I am not going to start telling guys not to play cause they might get hurt. The only reason i wouldn't want him back is if he has lost a step. He is a big boy, he knows what happens on the field and if he is healthy and ready to go I say let him play

While that is true, and speaking only for myself, I would rather see him walk away from the game as an opposed to wheeling away.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    While that is true, and speaking only for myself, I would rather see him walk away from the game as an opposed to wheeling away.
    I agree, all I am saying is that if he is healthy enough to play then why shouldn't he? Any guy that steps out on the field on Sunday could potentially wheel away from the game. I don't want to see anyone get hurt on the field, but I do want to see the great ones play.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I agree, all I am saying is that if he is healthy enough to play then why shouldn't he? Any guy that steps out on the field on Sunday could potentially wheel away from the game. I don't want to see anyone get hurt on the field, but I do want to see the great ones play.
    I don't disagree with what you're saying in general, but Priest has had a long running history of neurological injury directly associated with playing football, and is more prone to spinal cord injury then most other players. IMO However, I do understand what you're saying; one only need to look at Dennis Byrd to know that there is a certain amount of risk involved for whomever plays the game.

Wouldn't it be nice to see him in goaline situations with LJ,Tony G. and Bowe. With all those options we would give Defensives fits on who to cover and maybe we wouldn't need three kickers on the team:o.
    jgunn1966
    Morgantown,WV
    Willie L. and D.T.
    Were the BEST!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgunn1966 View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice to see him in goaline situations with LJ,Tony G. and Bowe. With all those options we would give Defensives fits on who to cover and maybe we wouldn't need three kickers on the team:o.
    Good point!

He could be a nice change of pace option. But I don't think he will be anything close to the every down back he once was.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    He could be a nice change of pace option. But I don't think he will be anything close to the every down back he once was.
    Yeah, I don't see that happening.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast