Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay away Favre

Default Stay away Favre

I am really annoyed with all the chatter of getting Brett Favre. I mean dont get me wrong the guys great but the facts are we are rebuilding and we are not just one player away from a superbowl. I really honestly think we have a chance to win 9 games at least an even .500 season. We HAVE to give croyle a whole season everyone is always griping about how he did so horrible in his starts last year but he had no protection, It doesnt matter if we had peyton manning back there... ok maybe it would but still Croyle CAN be a great QB i think the QB comparsion articles at kcchiefs.com is great and shows that Croyles progression is not bad at all. The only chatter i heard worth listening is if croyle does bad this season seeing about working a deal with the brownies for Quinn other than that get off his N**ts and give him the chance ! GO CHIEFS !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Exactly.

Anytime a player of Brett Favre's stature appears to have a chance of finding another team, fans will debate the merits of bringing that player to their favorite team.

I don't think you'd find a single person who honestly believes there's a snowball's chance in Hell of Favre coming to KC.

Also, there's very little chance that the Browns will deal Quinn.

It's far more likely they would deal Anderson when they feel Quinn is ready to take over the reigns.
    They just resigned Anderson to a 3 year $24 million contract. He's not going anywhere anytime soon! He will keep this Browns team in contention for the playoff for some time to come. Quinn however will not sit on the bench for 4 years or maybe longer depending on how Anderson plays.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    They just resigned Anderson to a 3 year $24 million contract. He's not going anywhere anytime soon! He will keep this Browns team in contention for the playoff for some time to come. Quinn however will not sit on the bench for 4 years or maybe longer depending on how Anderson plays.
    The fact is, 3 years for 24 mil is peanuts in today's NFL.

I have no idea what Quinn's contract is, but he's a first round QB, so my guess is they have substantially more invested in him.

I didn't say they would deal him.

What I said is if they were to deal a QB, it would be Anderson.

The fact is, 3 years for 24 mil is peanuts in today's NFL.

I have no idea what Quinn's contract is, but he's a first round QB, so my guess is they have substantially more invested in him.

I didn't say they would deal him.

What I said is if they were to deal a QB, it would be Anderson.
    And my point is that if Anderson continues to play the way he played last season, he will NOT be the one to go! The Browns will REFUSE to pay aguy the money Quinn is getting to sit on the bench for 5 years! One in the hand is better than 2 in the bush!!! Ever hear it?!

And my point is that if Anderson continues to play the way he played last season, he will NOT be the one to go! The Browns will REFUSE to pay aguy the money Quinn is getting to sit on the bench for 5 years! One in the hand is better than 2 in the bush!!! Ever hear it?!
    There were people who thought the same way about the Drew Brees/Philip Rivers situation a couple of years ago.

There were people who thought the same way about the Drew Brees/Philip Rivers situation a couple of years ago.
    Maybe so but SD was a decent team. The Browns have been prolifically bad and they will not get rid of the guy who put them over the line for an unproven guy who was questionable at best in college! Remember the "green room" situation?

Maybe so but SD was a decent team. The Browns have been prolifically bad and they will not get rid of the guy who put them over the line for an unproven guy who was questionable at best in college! Remember the "green room" situation?
    The Chargers were a terrible team for years.
    They had two good seasons with Brees under center before they made the change to Rivers.
    The Browns, if they have another good year this season could easily find themselves in the same situation in the next offseason as the Chargers found themselves after the '04 season.

Nearly every year there's a player who falls from the top of the first round into the middle or later.
    Remember the same thing happened to Aaron Rogers.
    This year was an aberration.
    Last edited by milkman; 07-19-2008 at 08:56 PM.

The Chargers were a terrible team for years.
    They had two good seasons with Brees under center before they made the change to Rivers.
    The Browns, if they have another good year this season could easily find themselves in the same situation in the next offseason as the Chargers found themselves after the '04 season.

Nearly every year there's a player who falls from the top of the first round into the middle or later.
    Remember the same thing happened to Aaron Rogers.
    This year was an aberration.
    Aaron Rodger will be a MUCH better QB than Quinn!

Aaron Rodger will be a MUCH better QB than Quinn!
    You may be right, though Tedford system QBs almost always disappoint.

I would, however, even with that concern, trade a draft pick for him and let him compete with Croyle for the QB job.

Angry Keep drinking the KOOL-AIDE

Quote Originally Posted by BarryinStlouis View Post
    The Chatter is what it is. Chatter. This front office has made it clear to the media, and its fans the direction of this franchise. By that assumption alone, Brett Farve WILL NOT be a Kansas City Chief, and that is fine with me. I think everyone needs to brace themselves for Brodie in 2008, because alot of people are going to be surprised. I cant wait!!

Our QB SUCKS!!!!! And to all those O-Line\\ers It is not his fault! Brodie still sucks! (from some-one who won 4/12 last year)..ummm Chit.. I will pitch in for Farve..Well I am a realist QB in 2..
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

You may be right, though Tedford system QBs almost always disappoint.

I would, however, even with that concern, trade a draft pick for him and let him compete with Croyle for the QB job.
    WOW!!!! if that is your plan, we will be in a world of hurt for years to come!!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast