Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Stay away Favre

Default Stay away Favre

I am really annoyed with all the chatter of getting Brett Favre. I mean dont get me wrong the guys great but the facts are we are rebuilding and we are not just one player away from a superbowl. I really honestly think we have a chance to win 9 games at least an even .500 season. We HAVE to give croyle a whole season everyone is always griping about how he did so horrible in his starts last year but he had no protection, It doesnt matter if we had peyton manning back there... ok maybe it would but still Croyle CAN be a great QB i think the QB comparsion articles at kcchiefs.com is great and shows that Croyles progression is not bad at all. The only chatter i heard worth listening is if croyle does bad this season seeing about working a deal with the brownies for Quinn other than that get off his N**ts and give him the chance ! GO CHIEFS !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    We are back to the same place we've been before.

Why bring in a QB like Garcia to a team that has zero chance to make a SB run?

It was stupid to start Huard last year to begin the season, because all it did was delay finding the answer to whether Croyle was the future.

It would have served no purpose to bring in another castoff last year other than to maintain the mediocrity train.
    Pretty good cast off!!!!!!!!! I think the Chiefs realize that they made a mistake in drafting Croyle! They obviously have no confidence in him or he would have played more last season! Now we are still where we were before we drafted him therefor prolonging mediocrity even longer! If we would have some how gotten a Garcia, after the changes we made in this draft, maybe we would have a chance at a playoff spot. You can't have a questionable at best rookie QB running a squad that is young and inexperienced itself! Experience with some success is FAR more valuable when having a team this young! If Croyle starts, it will be the blind leading the blind yet again!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Pretty good cast off!!!!!!!!! I think the Chiefs realize that they made a mistake in drafting Croyle! They obviously have no confidence in him or he would have played more last season! Now we are still where we were before we drafted him therefor prolonging mediocrity even longer! If we would have some how gotten a Garcia, after the changes we made in this draft, maybe we would have a chance at a playoff spot. You can't have a questionable at best rookie QB running a squad that is young and inexperienced itself! Experience with some success is FAR more valuable when having a team this young! If Croyle starts, it will be the blind leading the blind yet again!
    If the Chiefs had signed Garcia, and won 7 or 8 games, they would have continued to stay on the same path they have been on for nearly 20 years.

That path went in circles.

Never going forward, never going backwards.

The only way they were going to leave that path is to fall off it.

They fell last year.
    They fell hard.

That wasn't mediocrity.
    That was bad, really bad.

But it was the most positive thing that has happened in some time.
    It forced them off the path to nowhere.

If the Chiefs had signed Garcia, and won 7 or 8 games, they would have continued to stay on the same path they have been on for nearly 20 years.

That path went in circles.

Never going forward, never going backwards.

The only way they were going to leave that path is to fall off it.

They fell last year.
    They fell hard.

That wasn't mediocrity.
    That was bad, really bad.

But it was the most positive thing that has happened in some time.
    It forced them off the path to nowhere.
    Yea, and this so called path you speak of led us to Croyle who will keep us mired in this trench of sh*t that we have been in for the last several years! To say that Garcia is not a more than serviceable QB is just BS. He has been one of the more productive QB's in the league the last two seasons! My point is that if you bring a guy like him in and he brings along his league leading INT to completion ratio along with the improvements we made in the draft, your team is instantly and infinitly better than what you have to put on the field come this season!
    Last edited by DrunkHillbilly; 07-20-2008 at 05:58 PM.

Yea, and this so called path you speak of led us to Croyle who will keep us mired in this trench of sh*t that we have been in for the last several years! To say that Garcia is not a more than serviceable QB is just BS. He has been one of the more productive QB's in the league the last two seasons! My point is that if you bring a guy like him in and he brings along his league leading INT to completion ratio along with the improvements we made in the draft, your team is instantly and infinitly better than what you have to put on the field come this season!
    If you call the Vermeil years "trench of ****" years, then Jeff garcia is exactly the kind of QB that would keep us mired in that trench of ****.

Brodie Croyle is a guy, regardless of how he turns out, allows us to finally dig our way out of this trench of ****.

If he sucks, then we find another QB.
    If he doesn't, then we move forward.

Jeff Garcia just leads us back to the land of mediocrity.

We win 8-9 games, Chiefs fans hope and fill the seasts, and when the team is ready to compete, Garcia is too old to lead them, we don't have a QB, and we continued to wade in that trench of ****.

If you call the Vermeil years "trench of ****" years, then Jeff garcia is exactly the kind of QB that would keep us mired in that trench of ****.

Brodie Croyle is a guy, regardless of how he turns out, allows us to finally dig our way out of this trench of ****.

If he sucks, then we find another QB.
    If he doesn't, then we move forward.

Jeff Garcia just leads us back to the land of mediocrity.

We win 8-9 games, Chiefs fans hope and fill the seasts, and when the team is ready to compete, Garcia is too old to lead them, we don't have a QB, and we continued to wade in that trench of ****.
    Was Garcia too old to lead Philly? Was he too old to lead Tampa? Were either of those teams soooo much better than the Chiefs "could" be this season? We have the worst QB situation in the league and you would "never" want Garcia on the team! You don't want anymore cast offs huh? I bet you weren't saying that when Montana came here! Obviously I'm not comparing the two but when you have nothing, you go get something and Garcia has proven himself the last two seasons! Doesn't matter though, CP is too cheap to put any money in the pot at this point because he knows his days are numbered but come on, I don't care what we do in the draft or free agency. Until we get a QB, we will not be any good!!! History proves this to be true!

I believe you are the one who said something about "20 years". I said the last several which would not include the Vermeil years! I'll take those years but then we had one of the most underrated QB's in the history of the game statistically!!
    Last edited by DrunkHillbilly; 07-20-2008 at 10:29 PM.

Was Garcia too old to lead Philly? Was he too old to lead Tampa? Were either of those teams soooo much better than the Chiefs "could" be this season? We have the worst QB situation in the league and you would "never" want Garcia on the team! You don't want anymore cast offs huh? I bet you weren't saying that when Montana came here! Obviously I'm not comparing the two but when you have nothing, you go get something and Garcia has proven himself the last two seasons! Doesn't matter though, CP is too cheap to put any money in the pot at this point because he knows his days are numbered but come on, I don't care what we do in the draft or free agency. Until we get a QB, we will not be any good!!! History proves this to be true!

I believe you are the one who said something about "20 years". I said the last several which would not include the Vermeil years! I'll take those years but then we had one of the most underrated QB's in the history of the game statistically!!
    Philly and Tampa's situations are different than ours.
    However, if the choice is between a QB in his thirties who has 2 or 3 years left to play and a young QB who has the potential to be the leader of his team for years to come, in most circumstances, I would pick the younger QB and take my chances.

That includes Joe Montana.

Montana was the greatest QB ever, but I thought then, and to this day still believe the better long term option at that time was to persue Steve Buerlein in free agency.

Buerlein was nowhere near the QB that Montana was, but with those Chiefs teams of the 90s, we could have been an actual SB contender in the years following Montana'a retirement.

He wasn't great, but he sure as hell would have been a damn sight better than the hacks that followed Montana.

And because of those hacks, I never believed we were anything more than pretenders.

I assumed "several" to mean more than two, which is why I brought up the Vermeil years.

I hated Dick Vermeil, so didn't have any problem with including those years in the "trenches of ****" years.

But in the end, I hate(d) ****her and Marty also, so as far as I'm concerned we've been in those trenches for.....oh......37 years now.

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Really???
    Where do I send the CHECK?
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    Where do I send the CHECK?
    358 Geneva St
    Ontario
    Canada

Make it out to Dave
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Philly and Tampa's situations are different than ours.
    However, if the choice is between a QB in his thirties who has 2 or 3 years left to play and a young QB who has the potential to be the leader of his team for years to come, in most circumstances, I would pick the younger QB and take my chances.

That includes Joe Montana.

Montana was the greatest QB ever, but I thought then, and to this day still believe the better long term option at that time was to persue Steve Buerlein in free agency.

Buerlein was nowhere near the QB that Montana was, but with those Chiefs teams of the 90s, we could have been an actual SB contender in the years following Montana'a retirement.

He wasn't great, but he sure as hell would have been a damn sight better than the hacks that followed Montana.

And because of those hacks, I never believed we were anything more than pretenders.

I assumed "several" to mean more than two, which is why I brought up the Vermeil years.

I hated Dick Vermeil, so didn't have any problem with including those years in the "trenches of ****" years.

But in the end, I hate(d) ****her and Marty also, so as far as I'm concerned we've been in those trenches for.....oh......37 years now.
    Your last statement sums everything up for me and at the same time poses a question......Why the hell are you even a fan? If you hate everything that we have done for the past 37 years, why not just adopt a team that has been good for 37 years!!! Like I said, you summed everything up with that comment!!!! Go cheer for someone else please!

I am tired of mediocrity, I say all or nothing, if that means Croyle, then thats friggin great!!! If that means a few losing seasons for some deep playoff runs, then by all means DO IT!!