Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay away Favre

Default Stay away Favre

I am really annoyed with all the chatter of getting Brett Favre. I mean dont get me wrong the guys great but the facts are we are rebuilding and we are not just one player away from a superbowl. I really honestly think we have a chance to win 9 games at least an even .500 season. We HAVE to give croyle a whole season everyone is always griping about how he did so horrible in his starts last year but he had no protection, It doesnt matter if we had peyton manning back there... ok maybe it would but still Croyle CAN be a great QB i think the QB comparsion articles at kcchiefs.com is great and shows that Croyles progression is not bad at all. The only chatter i heard worth listening is if croyle does bad this season seeing about working a deal with the brownies for Quinn other than that get off his N**ts and give him the chance ! GO CHIEFS !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Sounds like the forgone future of another NFL QB!!!!!!!!!
    You could very well be right, but I don't pretend to know one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    I don't have a plan.
    I don't think the Pack will deal Rogers.

However, I'm not excited about the QBs in next year's draft.

So if Rogers did shake loose, then yeah, I'd bring him in.

The only QB, at this point, that I'd have interest in is Matt Stafford if he has a good seasson, so I'll be watching with interest.
    They definetly won't deal him but for you to say you would take him here to compete with Croyle is funny! As much as I want the Chiefs to get a young up and coming QB, I have thought for about 4 years now that they should have been actively looking at FA QB's. There have been a few in the past several years that have helped turn teams around that were in the Chiefs position.

I do know this, however, he has a much stronger arm than Huard ever dreamed of, so the only limit to his potential is mental, as opposed to Huard's physical limitations.

They definetly won't deal him but for you to say you would take him here to compete with Croyle is funny! As much as I want the Chiefs to get a young up and coming QB, I have thought for about 4 years now that they should have been actively looking at FA QB's. There have been a few in the past several years that have helped turn teams around that were in the Chiefs position.
    There weren't any free agent QBs that I can remember thinking I'd like to see in KC, but I would have traded for Matt Schaub.

I do know this, however, he has a much stronger arm than Huard ever dreamed of, so the only limit to his potential is mental, as opposed to Huard's physical limitations.
    Oh I agree it's all mental!!!!

There weren't any free agent QBs that I can remember thinking I'd like to see in KC, but I would have traded for Matt Schaub.
    Howd that guy in Tampa Bay do last year? Won the division I think! I said FA but meant trade possibilities as well and would have also traded for Schaub.

Howd that guy in Tampa Bay do last year? Won the division I think! I said FA but meant trade possibilities as well and would have also traded for Schaub.
    I absolutely hate old used retread QBs.
    No way in hell I want a Jeff Garcia.

I want a guy that can be the QB for this team for 10 years or more.

No more castoffs.

Give me a young guy with talent and potential upside.

I absolutely hate old used retread QBs.
    No way in hell I want a Jeff Garcia.

I want a guy that can be the QB for this team for 10 years or more.

No more castoffs.

Give me a young guy with talent and potential upside.
    I agree about young talent but how the hell do you have a career long bench guy and a questionable kid as your 1 and 2 QB's??? When there's no young talent out there, you have to look in other directions! I would have taken Garcia in a heartbeat!!!!!!! He turned Philly around when McNabb went down and then took Tampa Bay to the division title!!!!!! His game is perfect for what our O line was!!!! Philly wishes they would have kept him after what he did in Tampa!

I agree about young talent but how the hell do you have a career long bench guy and a questionable kid as your 1 and 2 QB's??? When there's no young talent out there, you have to look in other directions! I would have taken Garcia in a heartbeat!!!!!!! He turned Philly around when McNabb went down and then took Tampa Bay to the division title!!!!!! His game is perfect for what our O line was!!!! Philly wishes they would have kept him after what he did in Tampa!
    We are back to the same place we've been before.

Why bring in a QB like Garcia to a team that has zero chance to make a SB run?

It was stupid to start Huard last year to begin the season, because all it did was delay finding the answer to whether Croyle was the future.

It would have served no purpose to bring in another castoff last year other than to maintain the mediocrity train.

We are back to the same place we've been before.

Why bring in a QB like Garcia to a team that has zero chance to make a SB run?

It was stupid to start Huard last year to begin the season, because all it did was delay finding the answer to whether Croyle was the future.

It would have served no purpose to bring in another castoff last year other than to maintain the mediocrity train.
    I agree we need to see what Croyle can do. If the Chiefs have a .500 season I'll be pleasantly surprised. So this is the perfect year to see what Croyle can do.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast