Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Stay away Favre

Default Stay away Favre

I am really annoyed with all the chatter of getting Brett Favre. I mean dont get me wrong the guys great but the facts are we are rebuilding and we are not just one player away from a superbowl. I really honestly think we have a chance to win 9 games at least an even .500 season. We HAVE to give croyle a whole season everyone is always griping about how he did so horrible in his starts last year but he had no protection, It doesnt matter if we had peyton manning back there... ok maybe it would but still Croyle CAN be a great QB i think the QB comparsion articles at kcchiefs.com is great and shows that Croyles progression is not bad at all. The only chatter i heard worth listening is if croyle does bad this season seeing about working a deal with the brownies for Quinn other than that get off his N**ts and give him the chance ! GO CHIEFS !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    .....ignoring all his other records, sure int's happen....
    ...but for 16 years, the Packers never had a question at their QB position....not even for one game. Reliable.

...how many other teams can you name who didnt have to worry about filling a QB position for 16 years?
    Sure, he did some great things, but the reality is he has thrown more interceptions than any QB in NFL history.

As I said, if only 10% of those ints. are directly responsible for the margin of difference in games lost by the Pack, that's nearly 30 games, or on average, 2 games a year.

That could be the difference between making the playoffs or missing them.
    Earning a playoff bye, or playing as a WC.
    Or earning homefield advantage throughout or traveling.

That doesn't even take into account the ints he's thrown dduring the postseason.

His ints against the Falcons a couple of years ago cost the Pack a home game in the first round.

How many Ints did he throw against the Rams in a playoff game a couple of years before that?
    6?

How many ints did he throw aginst the Cowboys in consecutive years earlier in his career?
    7?

Then, how about last year, when that stupid decision in OT for an int against the Giants was directly responsible for that playoff loss?

Nolan Ryan walked more batters than anybody else in MLB history. I guess that makes him a lousy pitcher?

Reggie Jackson struckout 2,597 times-- also a record.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Karl Malone are 1st and 2nd respectively with the most all-time personal fouls in the NBA. Malone also has had the more turnovers than anybody else. But those guys sucked too, right?

Barry Sanders had more rushes for negative yards than anybody in NFL history.

This notion that Brett Favre was overrated or wasn't one of the greatest QB's of all time simply because he holds the record for interceptions thrown, just doesn't hold water, IMO.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

When you play in as many games as Favre did, you're going to have a TON of INTs, no matter how good you are. This discussion is just silly.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    When you play in as many games as Favre did, you're going to have a TON of INTs, no matter how good you are. This discussion is just silly.
    ...that's what I am trying to tell him....when you play 16 years straight....never miss a game...it doesnt really surprise me that an indvidual may hold the int record....along with a lot of other records that apparently dont matter?

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    ...that's what I am trying to tell him....when you play 16 years straight....never miss a game...it doesnt really surprise me that an indvidual may hold the int record....along with a lot of other records that apparently dont matter?
    In the words of one Chiefster: Eggsactly.

Reminds of the time when Montana came for a while. Obviously Favre will not be coming to KC since he is now in NY. I honestly don't think Favre will do well no matter what team he goes to. He is mentally tired (his own admission) and old. He is not going to have the same offense he had in Green Bay. He would have been better off to not have retired - or stayed home after he retired. Quarterbacks don't do well when they retire or try to make an extra attempt at the end of their careers. I like Favre - but just simply don't see him doing well.

And thank goodness he did not come to KC.
    www.AAASportsMemorabilia.com
    Home of Great Sports Memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by peekaboo224 View Post
    Reminds of the time when Montana came for a while. Obviously Favre will not be coming to KC since he is now in NY. I honestly don't think Favre will do well no matter what team he goes to. He is mentally tired (his own admission) and old. He is not going to have the same offense he had in Green Bay. He would have been better off to not have retired - or stayed home after he retired. Quarterbacks don't do well when they retire or try to make an extra attempt at the end of their careers. I like Favre - but just simply don't see him doing well.

And thank goodness he did not come to KC.
    I have been defending Favre in this and other threads but I agree with you. Favre is my all-time fav QB and definitely one of the best ever. However, I think it is probably over for him and this year may prove that. I don't want to wish him ill but the Packers are better than the Jets, IMO and they are also in a weaker division. Sure, the Jets may win a couple more games with Favre under center as long as he plays like he has in the past but they still have to go through NE and BUF. I think the 'phins will at least improve enough from last year that the Jets won't be able to walk on them, either.

Even if Favre doesn't lose a step and keeps playing the way he has, the Jets will have a harder time of finding the playoffs than his former team. The bar is set pretty high for MIN and the Lions may surprise if they can get a good start and don't crumble or implode the second half of the season but the NFC north is still a far cry from the AFC east.

Besides, I just have a hunch about this. I love Favre and think he's great but I'm with you on this one: I just have this feeling that he will not have a very good year. I hope it's not too bad though, because it will be hard to watch somebody as great as Favre end his career in a miserable fashion if that happens.

Default The Ring/ The Ring

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Tell me how his interceptions don't hurt that team over the years.
    Last time The Chiefs got one? {RING} Next One? Super Bowl..........XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.. WE NEED A QB!!!!!!!!!! and more..
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    Last time The Chiefs got one? {RING} Next One? Super Bowl..........XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.. WE NEED A QB!!!!!!!!!! and more..
    Only way we get a QB is if you go to River Falls and assassinate Herm and CP. I would stop asking for it.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Wink Send me a plane ticket..

Only way we get a QB is if you go to River Falls and assassinate Herm and CP. I would stop asking for it.
    I will send her.. What is funny is I just flew with Herm's H.S. coach and relayed the thought of a QB {they still talk alot} ..He gave me some positive insights in what Herm is all about-Keep the faith for now-/\coach\/ But not in our QB.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast