Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Stay away Favre

Default Stay away Favre

I am really annoyed with all the chatter of getting Brett Favre. I mean dont get me wrong the guys great but the facts are we are rebuilding and we are not just one player away from a superbowl. I really honestly think we have a chance to win 9 games at least an even .500 season. We HAVE to give croyle a whole season everyone is always griping about how he did so horrible in his starts last year but he had no protection, It doesnt matter if we had peyton manning back there... ok maybe it would but still Croyle CAN be a great QB i think the QB comparsion articles at kcchiefs.com is great and shows that Croyles progression is not bad at all. The only chatter i heard worth listening is if croyle does bad this season seeing about working a deal with the brownies for Quinn other than that get off his N**ts and give him the chance ! GO CHIEFS !!!!!

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    I hate Marty as much, or more than, the next guy, but your blame is misplaced.

That is on Carl.
    I could get on the Carl hating bandwagon also, sounds good to me. I just cant believe that Neil Smith was pushing to be traded to the Donks.

Now with Farve traded what do you guys think of Pennington to the Chiefs.
    http://www.kcchiefsfootball.com/kc-c...gn-with-chiefs

Personally I say stay away unless he is in a backup roll... but then Huard is probably gone if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by bigknoxy View Post
    Now with Farve traded what do you guys think of Pennington to the Chiefs.
    http://www.kcchiefsfootball.com/kc-c...gn-with-chiefs

Personally I say stay away unless he is in a backup roll... but then Huard is probably gone if that happens.
    eeewwww no.....he's a geek....I'd rather have huard as a back-up..

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    eeewwww no.....he's a geek....I'd rather have huard as a back-up..
    I would take Huard over Chad also, but with Herms history of getting QB's injured, it may not hurt to have a 4th QB, and Chad has played for Herm.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Thinking of what Hermie did to Chad in the past, while I can see Hermie making a play for Chad... Chad may say no thanks I would rather retire. That being said as little as I like Hutard I like the thought of Pennington even less. Stay away Chad .. if we were going to go for a veteran for this team Favre would have been the vet to go for not Pennington.

Exactly! do we have a QB on our roster capable of turning 4-12 into 12-4? Could Chad? No and NO, Could Farve? Maybe, but we'll never know now....
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Thinking of what Hermie did to Chad in the past, while I can see Hermie making a play for Chad... Chad may say no thanks I would rather retire. That being said as little as I like Hutard I like the thought of Pennington even less. Stay away Chad .. if we were going to go for a veteran for this team Favre would have been the vet to go for not Pennington.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Exactly! do we have a QB on our roster capable of turning 4-12 into 12-4? Could Chad? No and NO, Could Farve? Maybe, but we'll never know now....
    Favre, with his gunslinger mentality behind this line would throw 30 interceptions.
    No way in hell he could lead this team to 14 wins this year, and with his proensity to give the ball to the other team, we'd be lucky to get 8 wins.

Favre is the most overrated football player in NFL history as far as I'm concerned.

If only 10% of his interceptions led to scores for the opposition, and those scores were the margin difference in losses for the Pack, that roughly 28 losses that can be directly attributed to that dumbass.

In his 16 years, the Reggie White years were the only time the Packers defense had the talent to overcome those mistakes.

The years that Favre won MVP were years that White should have won it.

Favre is the most overrated football player in NFL history as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    Tell me how his interceptions don't hurt that team over the years.

Tell me how his interceptions don't hurt that team over the years.
    .....ignoring all his other records, sure int's happen....
    ...but for 16 years, the Packers never had a question at their QB position....not even for one game. Reliable.

...how many other teams can you name who didnt have to worry about filling a QB position for 16 years?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast