Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Chiefs finally part ways with Greg Wesley

Default Chiefs finally part ways with Greg Wesley

The Chiefs finally let Greg Wesley go yesterday. I am not upset he is gone by any means, but I disgusted with how the Chiefs handled this. They pretty much screwed Wesley in the worste way by sitting butt on the bench for two years and then finally releasing him a week before camp starts. Preventing him from signing on to a team with a decent contract. His demand will be extremely low right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Greg Wesley just signed with the RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD IN A LONG TIME!!! I can't wait until week 2... we wait until welsey is in the game... and then we throw a 60 yard bomb down the Raiders' throats. Wesley will, once again, be sitting in the grass except that OUR recievers will be running past him.
    Last edited by Nel Toille; 07-22-2008 at 05:24 PM.

Can anyone confirm this? I hope this is true! I cant wait til he bounces off of D-Bowe!

Quote Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
    Can anyone confirm this? I hope this is true! I cant wait til he bounces off of D-Bowe!
    Confirmed!!!!!!

Raiders sign S Wesley

Associated Press

Updated: July 22, 2008, 4:43 PM ET

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders agreed to terms on a one-year contract with former Kansas City Chiefs safety Greg Wesley on Tuesday, adding depth to the position on the eve of training camp.
    Agent Drew Rosenhaus said Wesley was happy to remain in the AFC West and looked forward to playing against the Chiefs twice this season.
    Wesley gives the Raiders depth at safety behind starters Gibril Wilson and Michael Huff. Wilson signed a $39 million, six-year contract that included about $16 million in guaranteed money after winning the Super Bowl last season with the New York Giants.
    Huff, Oakland's first-round pick in 2006, is moving to his more natural free safety position after playing his first two seasons at strong safety.
    Wesley will compete with fourth-round pick Tyvon Branch, special teams star Jarrod Cooper and Hiram Eugene for a backup spot with the Raiders.
    The Raiders had been seeking better tacklers at safety after allowing a league-worst 4.8 yards per carry last season.
    Wesley, a third-round pick out of Arkansas-Pine Bluff in 2000, was released last week by the Chiefs. He was a starter for his first seven seasons before being relegated to a backup role last season. Kansas City had little need for Wesley after drafting North Carolina State safety DaJuan Morgan in the third round in April and he had asked the Chiefs to be traded or released.
    Wesley has 29 career interceptions, along with six sacks, 12 forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries.
    Oakland reports to training camp in Napa on Wednesday with the first practice being scheduled for Thursday.
    Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
    This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    The Chiefs finally let Greg Wesley go yesterday. I am not upset he is gone by any means, but I disgusted with how the Chiefs handled this. They pretty much screwed Wesley in the worste way by sitting butt on the bench for two years and then finally releasing him a week before camp starts. Preventing him from signing on to a team with a decent contract. His demand will be extremely low right now.
    Ah yes, the way of King Carl...buh-bye Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Ah yes, the way of King Carl...buh-bye Greg.
    I only wish Clark gives him the same respect when he cuts ties with CP.

:megajump: Seek, thats a whole 'nother thread!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345