Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite position?

Default Favorite position?

No, nothing dirty like that. Get your minds out of the gutter!

I figured I would start this thread to discuss what position on the field we find the most exciting to watch. Not necessarily specific players, but examples are welcome to help deliver your point and case.

Personally, my favorite is the halfback position. Not only because a good run game is so essential to having a quality team but also because it is often a display of a rare combination of speed and power.

Running backs take so much punishment, their toughness is to be respected and admired as well. Sure, linemen slug it out in the trenches all day, but the backs are the ones that have those giant linemen falling on top of them all the time. I know I wouldn't be moving for days after somebody like Dorsey flattened me.

Player-wise, examples of what I like seeing in running backs are: Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Curtis Martin, and Priest Holmes.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post

I figured I would start this thread to discuss what position on the field we find the most exciting to watch. Not necessarily specific players, but examples are welcome to help deliver your point and case.

Personally, my favorite is the halfback position. Not only because a good run game is so essential to having a quality team but also because it is often a display of a rare combination of speed and power.

Running backs take so much punishment, their toughness is to be respected and admired as well. Sure, linemen slug it out in the trenches all day, but the backs are the ones that have those giant linemen falling on top of them all the time. I know I wouldn't be moving for days after somebody like Dorsey flattened me.

Player-wise, examples of what I like seeing in running backs are: Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Curtis Martin, and Priest Holmes.
    My favorites to watch are Hb, LB and DE.

My favorite to play was safety and line backer.

No, nothing dirty like that. Get your minds out of the gutter!...

Fine!

I'll have to go with O-lineman because they do the most work, IMO, (Unless your talkin about the Chiefs) and get little to no recognition for making the backs look as good as they do.

Well at first I wondered if this was x-rated thread!
    So disappointed.
    I like the D-Line and the RBs.

I like the Line backer position. I just love the fact that someone gets paid to just crush people. Plus I think the mentality of the linebacker position fits me. You have to be a tad bit crazy to play that position.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

mine would be wide receiver it takes som ba**s to go out in the middle on a slant and take a hit probably my favorite because that was my position in high shool

Well, ever since I read the thread title.... I can think of nothing else but tight end.....

But seriously... watching a blocking tight end doing a good job and getting open while he has three men covering him is awesome!

Post All who .....

{positions on the football field} That Can hit like this....I Luv the violence.. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ADsfBAETIQ"]YouTube - nfl most impact hits[/ame]
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    Well, ever since I read the thread title.... I can think of nothing else but tight end.....

But seriously... watching a blocking tight end doing a good job and getting open while he has three men covering him is awesome!

TOAST TO THAT ANSWER TAMMIE......

just watching that tight end (T-GUN) go up and make that grab and fight off 3 other men in tight pants and sweating bodies and holy crap.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by anaeelbackwards View Post
    TOAST TO THAT ANSWER TAMMIE......

just watching that tight end (T-GUN) go up and make that grab and fight off 3 other men in tight pants and sweating bodies and holy crap.....
    UH-OH! Break out the water hose! Anaeel is getting all hot and bothered!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast