Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camp is less than a week away!?

Default Camp is less than a week away!?

And our top three draft picks are still unsigned. And yet they are going to be starting game 1 of the season. If anything I would like to get Albert signed before camp to get the O line as cohesive as possible. I can deal with a dorsey, flowers hold out as stupid as I think the whole thing is. I know D bowe missed like the first week or so last season and still did great.

A team full of youth and a new Offensive system we need all the practice we can get.

Well that is what you get when Herm comes out and names unsigned players starters. They then get some bargaining power. Medlock did the same thing last year.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    And our top three draft picks are still unsigned. And yet they are going to be starting game 1 of the season. If anything I would like to get Albert signed before camp to get the O line as cohesive as possible. I can deal with a dorsey, flowers hold out as stupid as I think the whole thing is. I know D bowe missed like the first week or so last season and still did great.

A team full of youth and a new Offensive system we need all the practice we can get.
    I agree, we need to get these guys signed and into camp to start working on chemistry amonst these younguns!
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Standard operating procedure for Carl.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

In defense of Carl, the Chiefs are not the only ones who still have draft picks to sign and we had more picks to sign than anyone, including the hardest ones to sign; first rounders!!

Quote Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
    In defense of Carl, the Chiefs are not the only ones who still have draft picks to sign and we had more picks to sign than anyone, including the hardest ones to sign; first rounders!!
    In argument against Carl. Are those other teams relying on both of their first rounders and second rounder to make as big of an impact as a starter on opening day as the Chiefs.

How much money will the Chiefs really save by playing hardball compared to the last year selections and the already signed selections from this year???? Is it really worth stress and lack of preparation that it will cause.

Get the boys in camp to get as much work as they can, so what if you pay them an extra 500K or million. You pay that much just keep idiots on the team like Billy Bartee and Gary Stills for so many years.

Having the rooks there is certainly a priority, but it is not the only consideration, you still have to play the signing game the right way. Otherwise we would be the Raiders. I agree we shouldn't hold out for bottom dollar, but we can't let the picks(or their agents) just walk all over us either. Its a tough job.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    In argument against Carl. Are those other teams relying on both of their first rounders and second rounder to make as big of an impact as a starter on opening day as the Chiefs.

How much money will the Chiefs really save by playing hardball compared to the last year selections and the already signed selections from this year???? Is it really worth stress and lack of preparation that it will cause.

Get the boys in camp to get as much work as they can, so what if you pay them an extra 500K or million. You pay that much just keep idiots on the team like Billy Bartee and Gary Stills for so many years.
    How tough can it be. The draft pick before us have already signed. The 5th round pick from last year has signed. Unless Dorsey is looking for 1st overall money. Then it can't be that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

Do you realize how much money would be wasted on a 53 man roster if they had that attitude?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Its probably one of the toughest jobs in the world. Money and Years are the simplest parts of the contract. If it were easy, you wouldn't have agents. How sweet would that be?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast