Thread: FLowers, and Albery should be at camp

Default FLowers, and Albery should be at camp

According to my source ( Nick Athen, Publisher WARPAINT ILLUSTRATED) the Chiefs are 'CLOSE' to getting deals done with first round draft pick Branden Alberts and second round pick Brandon Flowers.

Both are expected to be on the charter tomorrow afternoon that leaves for River Falls. Both players are in KC and are planning on heading to River Falls.

In regards to Dorsey it's going to be a bit before that contract gets done. In fact fans should embrace for a holdout that could indeed extend as far as the teams first preseason game.

The issues is MONEY and Dorsey's camp wants a contract in the $70 million range. That's a lot for the 5th overall pick but is in line as to what the Cardinals paid Levi Brown last year. Granted they overpaid him and that has the Chiefs in a tough spot.

Is Dorsey worth that money? I think none of this gets sorted out until Vernon Gholston gets signed by the Jets. He was the 6th player taken as you know and his camp is also asking for the moon.

The GOOD news for this team right now, is that it appears that they have made it a priority to get Flowers, and Albert into camp on time, and they better. Glenn Dorsey and 70 million dollars. This is what I thought since day 1 when we drafted him, he's gonna cost us 70 million. This is just shy of what Jared Allen is going to make this year, after he has worked his tail off in the NFL. Wow, its so hard as a fan to try and COMPREHEND that kind of money, when I personally spend my hard earned money on this franchise. These guys are making more IN ONE GAME than some of us make in one year. ONE GAME, ONE FOUR QUARTER, THREE HOUR, NFL Football game.
    Who do these agents think they are? And for those of us who feel the need to complain about this front office, who do we think we are? Denny Thum, and Carl Peterson, and company (LETS FACE IT) have made some pretty sound financial decisions for this franchise. Was Ryan Sims a good signing? NO, have they spent money in areas that they shouldnt have? Yes, but this franchise was ranked somewhere around 15 in overall revenue last year. It has been reported that we will have somewhere between 30-35 Million in space under the cap this year, and YES I think the Glenn Dorsey Signing is vital, BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE of the future of this football team.
    Does Glenn Dorsey need to be in camp on time? Yes, but is that the most important peice of the puzzle at this point? I have seen alot of signings over the last week, and IF Albert and Flowers are in on the bus, and Glenn is not, I guess thats what US FANS WHO SUPPORT THE GAME AND THE PLAYERS have to deal with again for the umptieninth time.

It sure is hard to swallow sometimes....these players getting 70 million up front before they suit up, and the rest of us grinding it out at work everyday, and working our asses off to be able to afford buying tickets for this nonsense.

I for one truly hope we get Dorsey signed, but really wish these agents would stop screwing up the entire process. Fans support the game, and the players, and we shouldnt be making these guys rich every other day with these ridiculous contracts for players that havent even put on their uniforms. Thats it Im done.

THE BIGGEST KANSAS CITY CHIEF FAN IN ST. LOUIS
    Remember, Stupidity kills more people than evil does.

need to put this in the sports book... Or is it already there?

Chiefs Sign WRs Joachim and Marshall to Two-Year Deals

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Wednesday that the team has agreed to terms of two-year contracts with WRs Sergio Joachim and Timon Marshall. No other terms of the agreements were made public, as per Chiefs policy.
    Joachim (6-5, 205) played for the University of Central Florida, tallying 19 receptions for 236 yards during his 2007 senior season. The North Miami, Florida native nabbed a team-high nine receptions against Tulsa (10/20/07).
    Joachim graduated from North Miami High School in 2003 after earning letterman status in each of his four years as a WR.
    Marshall (5-10, 188) joins the Chiefs after starring for the Los Angeles Avengers and the Grand Rapids Rampage of the Arena Football League. He also joined the Chicago Bears for training camp a year ago. Marshall led the AFL in all-purpose yards in both 2006 and 2007, compiling a two-year total of 5,784 yards. In 2006, the Ottawa, Kansas native became the first player in AFL history to record 1,300 receiving yards and 1,300 return yards in the same season.