Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flowers signed

Default Flowers signed

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/07...andon_flowers/

Kansas City Agrees to Terms with CB Brandon Flowers

Jul 23, 2008, 2:20:01 PM

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Wednesday that the club has agreed to terms of a four-year contract with CB Brandon Flowers. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement were made available.
    The Chiefs have now agreed to terms with nine of their 12 draft picks from the 2008 draft class. Flowers joins third-round selections RB Jamaal Charles (73rd overall), TE Brad Cottam (76th overall) and S DaJuan Morgan (82nd overall), fourth-round pick WR Will Franklin (105th overall), fifth-round selection CB Brandon Carr (140th overall), sixth-round picks T Barry Richardson (170th overall) and WR Kevin Robinson (182nd overall) and seventh-round pick DE Brian Johnston (210th overall).
    Flowers (5-9, 187) joined the Chiefs as the club’s second-round pick (35th overall) in the 2008 NFL Draft. He played in 41 games with 28 starts, opening his final 27 contests at Virginia Tech. He recorded 158 tackles (99 solo) with 17.0 stops for loss (-71.0 yards), 3.5 sacks (-28.0 yards) and 10 interceptions for 172 yards with two TDs. He also produced 32 passes defensed, one fumble recovery and one forced fumble.
    Flowers started all 14 contests for the Hokies in 2007, tallying a career-high 86 tackles (56 solo), including 8.0 stops for loss (-24.0 yards). He added five interceptions for 93 yards with a TD, nine passes defensed and a fumble recovery. He was a first-team All-America selection by the American Coaches Association and earned first-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors.
    The Delray Beach, Florida native led Atlantic High School to the Class 5A regional title as a senior, earning first-team all-area and all-conference honors. He also played one season at Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Virginia

It would have been a sad day when CP couldn't even get his second rounders in camp on time.

ALBERT is next!!!

THE BIGGEST KANSAS CITY CHIEF FAN IN ST. LOUIS
    Remember, Stupidity kills more people than evil does.

Great news.

Easy to say... but... I think Carl is going to be King Carl.. and neither Albert or Dorsey are in camp signed. Too many years proving he's the toughest/maybe stuck on stupid/negotiator. The problem is as demonstrated in the past ... if you loose time in camp..it shows on the field and sometimes well into the season. I hope not... but, he is the king.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFCANNON View Post
    Easy to say... but... I think Carl is going to be King Carl.. and neither Albert or Dorsey are in camp signed. Too many years proving he's the toughest/maybe stuck on stupid/negotiator. The problem is as demonstrated in the past ... if you loose time in camp..it shows on the field and sometimes well into the season. I hope not... but, he is the king.
    Queen Carl...and that's being nice...

Wow, you guys are really hard on Carl. I notice theres 30 other teams that did not win the super bowl last year. I'm just glad we are trying to do the right things. I mean, we could be managed like Detroit, or Oakland, right?

Quote Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
    Wow, you guys are really hard on Carl. I notice theres 30 other teams that did not win the super bowl last year. I'm just glad we are trying to do the right things. I mean, we could be managed like Detroit, or Oakland, right?
    Name the last GM to spend 19 years on the job without a SB, and have 3 playoff wins under his belt in those 19 years, none of which have come in the last 13 years.

'Bout time!

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Name the last GM to spend 19 years on the job without a SB, and have 3 playoff wins under his belt in those 19 years, none of which have come in the last 13 years.
    Exactly! Carl would have been canned by any other team in the league long before now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast