Thread: Alan Faneca

Default Alan Faneca

The Steelers LG Alan Faneca demanded a trade yesterday. Any thoughts on how we might be able to pick him up?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    The Steelers LG Alan Faneca demanded a trade yesterday. Any thoughts on how we might be able to pick him up?
    I doubt that the Steelers, even, attempt to "shop him around".

However, that is the kind of addition that would have a simmering effect on my outlook, on this team. Eventhough, he isn't a pass-protecting tackle, his presence, in the starting offensive guard position, would provide an immense amout of depth, for the entire offensive line.

My problem with our not having selected a first day lineman, is more that, the offensive line needs a season, together, before they become stable. So, anyone who would be added to our O-line, next off-season, would be most effective, in 2009.

The most recent example of this, would be Steve Hutchison, in Minnesota. Last season, that O-line struggled. Late in the season, they began to show signs of a very strong running game, especially, to that left side. This season, with a season of work, together, Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor, should have exemplary statistics, because of it.

if we got Alan I'd be REAL happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    If we were offered Willie Parker and Alan Faneca for Larry Johnson, would you take it?

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    If we were offered Willie Parker and Alan Faneca for Larry Johnson, would you take it?
    "Settle!!! Settle, Settle, Settle!!!" - Jim Carey, Liar Liar

Deal, by me. Of course, you knew I would like it, before you were done posting the question, didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    "Settle!!! Settle, Settle, Settle!!!" - Jim Carey, Liar Liar

Deal, by me. Of course, you knew I would like it, before you were done posting the question, didn't you?

"You had [him] at: Hello"