Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE ON DORSEY, and FARVE!!!!!

Default UPDATE ON DORSEY, and FARVE!!!!!

All reports out of Kansas City have Brandon FLowers looking to sign a 4 year deal by thursday. Brandon Albert, and his agent both expect to have his deal done before thursday as well.

It looks like at this time, the Chris Long piece of the puzzle is NOT the only piece the front office needs. They are awaiting Vernon Gholsten to sign with the Jets. As some of you may know, Dorsey hired the same agent as Bowe's, and I do expect there to be a holdout at least for the first week of training camp. The Chiefs have not signed a top 5 pick since Derrick Thomas, and although Im sure Carl, and Denny will get this deal done, it looks like Dorsey's agent is waiting as LONG as he possibly can to maximize Dorsey's guarenteed money.

The CRUCIAL signing of Albert is what is needed most, and all signs out of Arrowhead, and Alberts agent, are that a deal will be done before thursday.

In summary, Looks like were gonna get Flowers, and Albert into camp on time. Merritt is injured, so there is no hurry there for a guy that is looking at 3 Tight ends in front of him in rotation. IT DOES LOOK LIKE THERE IS GOING TO BE A HOLDOUT FROM DORSEY, although they dont expect it to last longer than the first week or two of camp. Albert is FAR more more important on day 1 versus Dorsey.

On the Farve front, According to a league source, the Kansas City have in fact considered a deal for Farve, but according to another league source, Farve would have to be the starter, and would command about 12 million against the cap. The Chiefs will have a 30-35 Million after all players are signed, and it looks like they WILL in fact stick to their plan with Brodie Croyle because they are not sure how he would react to being a backup. I'd say there is a 20% chance the Chiefs land Farve, but I really doubt it anyway. Brodie is our guy.

I'm happy with ALL of the signings so far, and look for EVERYTHING to get done soon.

THE BIGGEST KANSAS CITY CHIEF FAN IN ST. LOUIS
    Remember, Stupidity kills more people than evil does.

I would like to see Dorsey in camp on time as well. Even though you are right that it is more important for us to get the o-line guys in sync as much as possible before the season starts.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

So, do you have a source for this info, or is this just speculation on your part?

I guess that answers my question about who has and has not signed, if what you're saying is true.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    So, do you have a source for this info, or is this just speculation on your part?

My source is Nick Athan, Publisher of Warpain Illustrated. Nick has Always been pretty reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryinStlouis View Post
    My source is Nick Athan, Publisher of Warpain Illustrated. Nick has Always been pretty reliable.
    If by "reliable" you mean, "He just throws **** against the wall and hope it sticks" then yeah, he's reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryinStlouis View Post
    :inwc: :puff: :026-Herb02:

That is funny right there.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    If by "reliable" you mean, "He just throws **** against the wall and hopes every one out of twenty stick" then yeah, he's reliable.
    I corrected it for you.

Favre is going to Tampa.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

The Chiefs are closing on a deal reportedly worth five years with First Round Draft Pick Branden Albert. He is expected to get signed or at least agree in principal in time to board the teams charter on Thursday afternoon for Minnesota. The two sides at the MOMENT are not far apart on terms.

The fact that that Chris Williams signed with the Bears today was probably the final pin that had to drop to move the Chiefs closer to signing Albert.

In regards to Glenn Dorsey the ESPN report that they've been talking is correct. The issue is guaranteed money at the moment. NOW the good news is Dorsey has told Chiefs officials that he intends to be on that plane tomorrow so it appears that he'll push his agent. But that was talk prior to his leaving OTA and Mini-Camp.

But he is already acting like a leader and honestly what's the difference between $60-70 million. It's quite likely his last year of his deal will get torn up anyway if he becomes half the player the team believes he'll be.

Stay tuned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast