Thread: Training Camp Summaries

Default Training Camp Summaries

Could someone please tell me where i can find the official training camp wrap-ups after each day of practice for this the 2008 Camp? I'm looking for as much detail as possible. Please give me a website or even a link. Appreciate it!

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/prev_updates.php
    This is the Training Camp site.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 07-28-2008 at 12:59 AM.

Chiefs’ Clark Hunt is visible presence at training camp

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

function PopupPic(sPicURL, sHeight, sWidth) { window.open( "http://media.kansascity.com/static/popup.html?"+sPicURL, "", "resizable=1,HEIGHT=" +sHeight+ ",WIDTH=" +sWidth); }
    Photos by MIKE RANSDELL | The Star
    Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt talked with fans after the team held its workout on Sunday in River Falls, Wis.
    var storyImage = $("#storyAssets .image img").width(); if (storyImage > 0){$("#storyAssets").width(storyImage);}

RIVER FALLS, Wis. | He never actually entered a huddle, never suggested a play to Chan Gailey or called a defense for Gunther Cunningham.
    But Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt spent a good portion of training camp’s first three days watching practice. Not just from the sideline, but at times from the field. He might have had more practice-field time than any NFL owner but Dallas’ Jerry Jones, who is also the Cowboys’ general manager.
    Hunt’s field time was spent mostly in quiet, solitary observation. Still, it was yet another sign that Hunt is more than just a caretaker.
    “I want the football team and the coaching staff and the organization to know that our family’s passion for the Chiefs did not pass away when my father left us,” he said. “I also want them to know the expectations for our excellence start with our family. From a leadership standpoint, that’s important for the entire organization.
    “I’m not spending any more time on football issues than I did last year. I am more visible publicly and to the team. It’s a byproduct of my desire to be more involved.”
    Hunt planned to leave Wisconsin before this morning’s practice. He won’t return this summer and will rejoin the Chiefs in Chicago for their Aug. 7 preseason opener against the Bears.
    His involvement is far from finished. In an extraordinary round of media interviews last winter, Hunt eloquently laid out a different path for the Chiefs, one built around the draft and young players.
    That vision is coming to life, even if the product is far from finished and the desired results not guaranteed. The Chiefs may start as many as four rookies against the Bears, with several others playing significant roles.
    “It has a very different feel than any Chiefs camp I remember because there are so many young players here,” said Hunt, who assumed control of the franchise in December 2006 with the death of his father, Chiefs founder Lamar Hunt.
    “It’s exciting. A lot of those young players are going to play significant roles for us. A lot of them will start and others will play a lot of snaps.”
    Hunt said he hasn’t altered his expectation for this season, which he also laid out last winter. He expects the Chiefs to be more competitive and better on offense, their many young players to develop and prospects for 2009 to be bright.
    “The stage for those expectations is set,” he said. “I can’t wait for the games to get here. The Chicago game won’t arrive too soon.
    “Obviously, we’re not going into the season as a favored Super Bowl contender. We’re doing the right things to put together a team that a year or two out, that expectation would not be unrealistic.”
    In the meantime, plenty of work remains, and not just on the field. The Chiefs are working to sell tickets, though Hunt declined to say exactly where season-ticket sales stand.
    “I’ll hold off on doing that until we get to the season because we’re still selling,” Hunt said. “They’re down a little bit from last year, which I think is potentially a phenomenon you’ll see across the league because of the weak economy.”
    Any Arrowhead Stadium game that doesn’t sell out is subject to a local television blackout. That possibility looms. The Chiefs haven’t had a game blacked out in Kansas City since 1990.
    “I hope not, but it’s something we’ll watch closely,” Hunt said. “To some degree, I think it depends on how the team starts. If we get off to a decent start, I would think we’d have a chance to avoid blackouts. If we don’t, it might be a reality later in the season.”
    His attendance at practice might not help sell tickets, but it does help Hunt get a better feel for what type of team the Chiefs might be. Most of the time, he’ll watch from the sideline, but he occasionally moves between the lines to get a better view.
    “You can watch the quarterbacks, running backs and receivers standing on the sideline,” he said. “I have no idea what’s happening with the line play standing on the sideline. I have to be behind the play. It was a good chance to watch Glenn Dorsey and also Branden Albert work against Tamba Hali. That way, I could see whether those draft picks we made were well-spent.
    “I think they will be.”
    <H2 class=shirttail>To reach Adam Teicher, Chiefs reporter for The Star, call

Warpaint illustrated has some great coverage of all the practices including some great day to day photos. Here is the link for sundays practice.

http://kan.scout.com/2/772874.html

thanks, dudes!

I heard on the radio today that Tamba was down close to 15 pounds from last year because he was trying to get faster on the edge.

That puts him at about 265. I didn't think he was big enough before.

Derrick Thomas was only 245 and he managed to put some pressure on QBs
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Derrick Thomas was only 245 and he managed to put some pressure on QBs
    Tamba isn't DT...

Didn't say he was, just pointing out that it is not necessarily your size that makes you a good pass rusher.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Didn't say he was, just pointing out that it is not necessarily your size that makes you a good pass rusher.
    I was just saying, DT was a special exception. DT was also scrutinized for his lack of run defense, which has kept him out of the hall of fame.