Thread: This is the E.K. that I have always supported

Default This is the E.K. that I have always supported

This is a great write-up, about Eddie Kennison and his role, this season.

http://www.kansascity.com/160/story/92667.html

This is the guy that Dewayne Bowe can hope to wind-up being as classy as, and as talented as.

Sorry about the sarcasm, I have never liked all of the negative comments about Eddie and tend to get defensive.
    Last edited by chief31; 05-12-2007 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    This is a great write-up, about Eddie Kennison and his role, this season.

http://www.kansascity.com/160/story/92667.html

This is the guy that Dewayne Bowe can hope to wind-up being as classy as, and as talented as.

Sorry about the sarcasm, I have never liked all of the negative comments about Eddie and tend to get defensive.

You defensive?????

Never! :p

“He’s not a first-rounder for nothing,” said Kennison, who like Bowe played in college at LSU and was once a first-round draft pick. “He’s an LSU guy. That’s why he’s a first-rounder. He’s a big, physical guy. He can catch the football. He can run. He will bring a lot of excitement to this offense.
    “It doesn’t put an alert on my shoulders. The tough job is for the young guys to take my job. I’m going to make it very difficult to take my job and (at the same time) teach them the game of football. I’m smart enough to know one day the game of football will come to an end for me. It just won’t be soon.”

The bonding process began this week. Bowe came to Kansas City and Kennison whisked him to the Capital Grille for steaks.
    “He didn’t pay,” Kennison said. “He hasn’t signed his contract yet. His time is coming.”
    The two also had a lengthy conversation aimed at helping Bowe avoid the typical rookie wide receiver struggles.
    “I think that’s where I come in,” Kennison said. “Hopefully it won’t be a hard transition for him. He has to understand that everyone he plays against on Sundays is good. In college you could be going against an electrical engineer or a scientist or something playing (cornerback). At this level, everybody is good. This is their job. If he doesn’t focus on that, he will get beat up and he won’t last in this league very long. That’s my responsibility to help him understand that.”

Eddie is one stand up guy in my book. :)

Eddie Kennison is a great receiver I agree with you, and it pisses me off when people say that we dont have any receivers. Eddie Kennison has played very solidly for a bunch of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsfan27 View Post
    Eddie Kennison is a great receiver I agree with you, and it pisses me off when people say that we dont have any receivers. Eddie Kennison has played very solidly for a bunch of years.

I agree that Kennison is a solid receiver, however, with that said he and Gonzalez were about the only receiving threats KC presented all last year. IMO

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I agree that Kennison is a solid receiver, however, with that said he and Gonzalez were about the only receiving threats KC presented all last year. IMO
    They were consistent, you didn't know if the others were going to catch the ball when it was thrown to them, I hope Bowe makes the grade, and becomes a solid reciever. GO CHIEF'S!!
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    They were consistent, you didn't know if the others were going to catch the ball when it was thrown to them, I hope Bowe makes the grade, and becomes a solid reciever. GO CHIEF'S!!
    Me too; we need to have the ability to spread the ball around.

I've always been critical of all of the Kansas City WR's. This article does give me a new found respect for Eddie as a person. But as a WR, he is middle of the pack at best. He certainly does not have any Hawaii trips in his future. I hope he can help Bowe as he is promising so that we eventually have a Pro-Bowl caliber receiver on this team.

I wish the Chiefs had more players that were willing to help the rookies along like Eddie is offering to do. Do you think LJ would do something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I've always been critical of all of the Kansas City WR's. This article does give me a new found respect for Eddie as a person. But as a WR, he is middle of the pack at best. He certainly does not have any Hawaii trips in his future. I hope he can help Bowe as he is promising so that we eventually have a Pro-Bowl caliber receiver on this team.

I wish the Chiefs had more players that were willing to help the rookies along like Eddie is offering to do. Do you think LJ would do something like this?

Ditto, and AMEN!!! There's no way that LJ does anything remotely resembling this. IMO