Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Albert - Yea or Nay???

Default Brandon Albert - Yea or Nay???

Well we have had in depth conversations (with a few insults and rants thrown in for good flavor) about Albert. The first week of Training camp is about over. What say you???

Myself, I'm hopeful. From all reports Albert is showing a lot more foot speed than expected. There will obviously be some learning curve ahead, but hopefully he will do ok.

"Ram the ball down the throats of the opposing team." Sounds like Herm.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

...Maybe.

I am fired up about him, but concerned about his ankles.

Quote Originally Posted by jakesmith View Post
    Myself, I'm hopeful. From all reports Albert is showing a lot more foot speed than expected. There will obviously be some learning curve ahead, but hopefully he will do ok.
    If you didn't expect him to show good foot speed, then you weren't paying any attention.

I came away from watching the combine telling everyone he has the fastest feet of any of the linemen in this draft.
    I had already been impressed by his quick feet after watching him in a couple of games and seeing other highlights leading up to the combines.

Mike Mayock used the perfect description.

Albert has dancer's feet.

...how can you judge him...he hasn't played a snap?

i expect b.albert 2 do good by da time da season startz...i just wish we still had will shields and willie roaf, lol...but im sure our o-line will b better den last yearz, n LJ's numbers will b higher

I think he will wind-up as a pretty good OG.

That's where run-blocking studs who aren't so great at open-field p***-blocking go in the NFL.

And if they were already put there in college, that tells me not to expect much in the way of p***-protection.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I think he will wind-up as a pretty good OG.

That's where run-blocking studs who aren't so great at open-field p***-blocking go in the NFL.

And if they were already put there in college, that tells me not to expect much in the way of p***-protection.
    Albert was going to be moved to LT after Marcus McNeill was drafted, but injuries along the O-Line pushed Albert back inside becasue they didn't feel they had a quality replacement at LG and were confident in Monroe's ability to play at LT.

When Monroe proved capable and the O-Line developed chemistry, they decided it was best to leave things as they were.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Albert was going to be moved to LT after Marcus McNeill was drafted, but injuries along the O-Line pushed Albert back inside becasue they didn't feel they had a quality replacement at LG and were confident in Monroe's ability to play at LT.

When Monroe proved capable and the O-Line developed chemistry, they decided it was best to leave things as they were.
    Getting my OTs confused.

I mean't D'Brick Ferguson.

None of us have any idea until he plays. Missing the entire pre-season is not gonne help, His first NFL action is gonna be against Richard Seymour and Adelius Thomas in the patriots 3-4 scheme. It probably wont be very pretty. Judging by what I have seen from him in college, I think that he will be good. He has everything he needs to be a great tackle. But hes playing maybe the hardest position in pro football, so we have to give him time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast