Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Albert - Yea or Nay???

Default Brandon Albert - Yea or Nay???

Well we have had in depth conversations (with a few insults and rants thrown in for good flavor) about Albert. The first week of Training camp is about over. What say you???

Myself, I'm hopeful. From all reports Albert is showing a lot more foot speed than expected. There will obviously be some learning curve ahead, but hopefully he will do ok.

Ha Ha! They did just that today jakesmith! 198 yards for LJ. This is the plan, its been a matter of execution. Today it was executed.

Well, injuries have to be a concern for Albert now, though he's never been injury prone before.

But there shouldn't be any question about his potential to play LT now that we've seen him in 3+ games, and seen how well he's played even though he missed most of training camp and all of preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Well, injuries have to be a concern for Albert now, though he's never been injury prone before.

But there shouldn't be any question about his potential to play LT now that we've seen him in 3+ games, and seen how well he's played even though he missed most of training camp and all of preseason.
    Someone rolled into his arm dislocating it. It is not like he dislocated it falling down or pushing someone. That injury would have happened to anyone in his postion.

I wouldn't consider that injury prone since he was at the wrong spot at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Someone rolled into his arm dislocating it. It is not like he dislocated it falling down or pushing someone. That injury would have happened to anyone in his postion.

I wouldn't consider that injury prone since he was at the wrong spot at the wrong time.
    But is "wrong spot, wrong time"-prone?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    But is "wrong spot, wrong time"-prone?

Prone (Pron) Adj. Having a tendency;[From latin Pronus]

Being at the wrong spot at the wrong it is not a tendancy.

Prone (Pron) Adj. Having a tendency;[From latin Pronus]

Being at the wrong spot at the wrong it is not a tendancy.

Of course it is. Haven't you ever worked with someone who is just always in the way?

It is a part of ones overall awareness.

Of course it is. Haven't you ever worked with someone who is just always in the way?

It is a part of ones overall awareness.
    I guess your right. If Albert was more like Big Mac and just let his guy go by instead of knocking his guy on the ground 10 yards away from the play. He wouldn't have got hurt.

I guess your right. If Albert was more like Big Mac and just let his guy go by instead of knocking his guy on the ground 10 yards away from the play. He wouldn't have got hurt.

That's one way of looking at it. But a big part of being injury-prone, is having a tendancy to accidentally put yourself in harms way.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I like his physicalness on the line but I dont like that he has already been hurt twice in his rookie year. Dont know if it means hes prone or just bad luck. Either way its not helping the team or him in his learning.

That's one way of looking at it. But a big part of being injury-prone, is having a tendancy to accidentally put yourself in harms way.

Yeah, but you have to give the guy a year or two before you call it a trend. A rolled ankle (or was it a knee?) and an elbow injury aren't enough for a trend. However if we see another injury later this year, and one early next season I'd start to worry.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast