Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Brandon Albert - Yea or Nay???

Default Brandon Albert - Yea or Nay???

Well we have had in depth conversations (with a few insults and rants thrown in for good flavor) about Albert. The first week of Training camp is about over. What say you???

Myself, I'm hopeful. From all reports Albert is showing a lot more foot speed than expected. There will obviously be some learning curve ahead, but hopefully he will do ok.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Yeah, but you have to give the guy a year or two before you call it a trend. A rolled ankle (or was it a knee?) and an elbow injury aren't enough for a trend. However if we see another injury later this year, and one early next season I'd start to worry.
    I think he hurt an ankle in OTa's. Hurt it again in the scrimmage against Minnesota and now the elbow.

He said he has never been hurt before and this is the first time he has ever sat out due to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I think he hurt an ankle in OTa's. Hurt it again in the scrimmage against Minnesota and now the elbow.

He said he has never been hurt before and this is the first time he has ever sat out due to injury.
    I'd say the ankle really counts as one injury that probably never completely healed...

As for the elbow, I'd call it a fluke...

If the guy had a history of problems in college then that'd be another story. If he has more injuries this year and next then...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I'd say the ankle really counts as one injury that probably never completely healed...

As for the elbow, I'd call it a fluke...

If the guy had a history of problems in college then that'd be another story. If he has more injuries this year and next then...
    I agree that we need to let him have a chance and he hasnt proven yet he is injury prone. Although it is disturbing.

History of injury problems? You mean Croyle?

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post

History of injury problems? You mean Croyle?

Yep...they're about to start calling him Mr Glass

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234