Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Injured Albert could miss the rest of camp

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Default Injured Albert could miss the rest of camp

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/89

Injured Albert could miss the rest of camp

Rookie offensive tackle Branden Albert could miss the remainder of training camp with what the Chiefs called a sprained foot.
    Albert was injured during Thursday night’s joint practice against the Minnesota Vikings. The Chiefs initially called the injury a sprained ankle.
    Coach Herm Edwards called Albert day to day, but acknowledged Albert was unlikely to play in Thursday’s preseason opener against the Bears in Chicago.
    "I’d say he’s more out than in," Edwards said. "He’ll have to rest it and see where he’s at right now."
    Other officials indicated the Chiefs probably wouldn’t get their starting left tackle back before the Chiefs break training camp on Aug. 15. The injury is similar to the one received in training camp two years ago by guard Brian Waters
    Waters missed three weeks of practice.
    An absence of a similar length for Albert would be a huge setback for the Chiefs. Albert was a first-round pick and their only major addition as the Chiefs attempt to rebuild what last season was one of the worst offensive lines in the league.
    Herb Taylor, a sixth-round draft pick last season who played on offense in only one game as a rookie, replaced Albert in practice Friday.

Submitted by Adam Teicher on August 1, 2008 - 6:47pm.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I agree Canada. The only reason I would like to see Cowher come into KC is that we have never tried a GM/HC before. I, for one, would like to see a change of pace rather then hiring a 1 sided head coach. ie...Herm (defense)....Vermiel (offense)....Gunther (defense)....although in diffrent years Marty did have some sort of equality but not all the time. I would like to have a HC who has to answer to both sides of the ball and not answer to a GM. Also, yes i live in KS and yes the is a OZ!

[quote=jtandcrew;94004]I agree Canada. The only reason I would like to see Cowher come into KC is that we have never tried a GM/HC before. I, for one, would like to see a change of pace rather then hiring a 1 sided head coach. ie...Herm (defense)....Vermiel (offense)....Gunther (defense)....although in diffrent years Marty did have some sort of equality but not all the time. I would like to have a HC who has to answer to both sides of the ball and not answer to a GM. Also, yes i live in KS and yes the is a OZ![/quote]
    ask the wizard!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234