Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next year's draft pick

Default Next year's draft pick

Which one of these guys will the Chiefs take?
    http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...asp?CID=833408

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The teams who picked 10th-15th in the 2008 draft had a 7-9 record. I don't think expecting a 3 game win improvement from last season is asking too much considering how close so many of our games were last year WITH a horrible OLine and WITHOUT Larry Johnson.
    What have we done to improve our O-line? Draft Albert, yeah, but what if his injury is more serious than we think? (like a certain someone last season)

Also, people keep saying that LJ getting injured was a huge part of last season's failure. What did he do in the games he played? Nothing that Kolby Smith didn't do! If Albert doesn't remain healthy for the course of the season, we won't win more than 6 games. If he is, then we could surprise some people. Oh wait, I forgot about Croyle.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The teams who picked 10th-15th in the 2008 draft had a 7-9 record. I don't think expecting a 3 game win improvement from last season is asking too much considering how close so many of our games were last year WITH a horrible OLine and WITHOUT Larry Johnson.
    I do!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    What have we done to improve our O-line? Draft Albert, yeah, but what if his injury is more serious than we think? (like a certain someone last season)

Also, people keep saying that LJ getting injured was a huge part of last season's failure. What did he do in the games he played? Nothing that Kolby Smith didn't do! If Albert doesn't remain healthy for the course of the season, we won't win more than 6 games. If he is, then we could surprise some people. Oh wait, I forgot about Croyle.
    Our entire line is different. We have a guy who's never been hurt before he rolled his ankle last week, starting at LT who is already drawing comparisons to Roafs "road plow" blocking... Yeah, he's an upgrade over McIntosh. Niswanger is huge and smart. If he doesn't stick at center, he'll be a good guard. I don't know much about Jones other than he was a 12 and 16 game starter his first two years in the league and is only 27. Even if he doesn't stick at the position, he's definitely an upgrade over what we had last year. I believe Taylor or Richardson will be the future at RT, but if we're stuck with last year's healthy LT over there, I'm ok with that considering he was one of the better linemen last year. But he too is definitely an upgrade over the RT by committee from last year.

As for Larry Johnson, its not like it was some fluke we had a winning record while he was healthy. He opened the offense a little bit more than what it was when he was hurt. When he played, defenses stacked the box with 8. Once he was injured, defenses could play a little more honestly, which is why you saw Kolby Smith have the kind of season he had and why p***ing became increasingly difficult last season. Teams understood that the only weapons we had on the team were Bowe and Gonzo after LJ went down. So, the defenses made the adjustment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12