Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next year's draft pick

Default Next year's draft pick

Which one of these guys will the Chiefs take?
    http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...asp?CID=833408

Unless one of those guys drops to a late 1st-rounder, they will all go too early for us to get them.

It would be nice to get a player as good a Chase Daniel with the 32nd pick but that'll never happen.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Ok, while i don't think they will be picking in the top 10, we definitely won't be picking in the late part of the first round.

But, if I'm wrong and we pick in the top ten, I for one want either Tebow or Lauranitis.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Personally, I think we will be picking somewhere around our somewhat "customary" 15th position. Although, I might be a little optimistic, but not as much as dreaming of a 32nd pick! lol jk! I have a feeling no matter what we will go offensive line again. You got to remember that with Chan's offensive scheme he wants big lineman to be able to cram the ball down the throat of the opposing defense. We dont know how many years that Waters and Mcintosh have left in them, and we dont know if Niswanger is going to work out at center. Even if Niswanger does, which I hope he does, and Waters and Mcintosh have 2 more years in them we will need time to help groom someone, unless we get another like Albert that we are going auto start him. Then again we will be having a outside LB position opening up in a couple years with Edwards and also another CB position open up with Surtain so atm within the next 2 years we will could possibly have 4 keys positions open up. Possibly in 1 year depending on how this season goes.

Top 10 boys!!!! Do you honestly think we are going to improve 6 draft positions this year to get us out of the top 10???

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Top 10 boys!!!! Do you honestly think we are going to improve 6 draft positions this year to get us out of the top 10???
    Only if we beat the Patriots. That's about what our chances are compared too!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I couldn't even begin to speculate that far in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Only if we beat the Patriots. That's about what our chances are compared too!
    The teams who picked 10th-15th in the 2008 draft had a 7-9 record. I don't think expecting a 3 game win improvement from last season is asking too much considering how close so many of our games were last year WITH a horrible OLine and WITHOUT Larry Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The teams who picked 10th-15th in the 2008 draft had a 7-9 record. I don't think expecting a 3 game win improvement from last season is asking too much considering how close so many of our games were last year WITH a horrible OLine and WITHOUT Larry Johnson.
    ...if this was around the horn I would have given you like +5 for that stat!

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Personally, I think we will be picking somewhere around our somewhat "customary" 15th position. Although, I might be a little optimistic, but not as much as dreaming of a 32nd pick! lol jk! I have a feeling no matter what we will go offensive line again. You got to remember that with Chan's offensive scheme he wants big lineman to be able to cram the ball down the throat of the opposing defense. We dont know how many years that Waters and Mcintosh have left in them, and we dont know if Niswanger is going to work out at center. Even if Niswanger does, which I hope he does, and Waters and Mcintosh have 2 more years in them we will need time to help groom someone, unless we get another like Albert that we are going auto start him. Then again we will be having a outside LB position opening up in a couple years with Edwards and also another CB position open up with Surtain so atm within the next 2 years we will could possibly have 4 keys positions open up. Possibly in 1 year depending on how this season goes.
    First, if Richason doesn't step up and claim the RT position this year, then we'll be looking to draft a RT in next year's draft, because quite frankly, Damion McIngina is going to suck up the joint.

We'll also be looking for a RG if Adrian Jones is as bad as I expect him to be.

But RTs and guards can be found in the 2nd round and later.

And yes, we are going to need a CB and an OLB.

We also will probably need to find a DE.

However, the one thing this defense needs is a MLB that can be a run stuffer and still be able to cover the deep middle.

I'm highly doubtful Pat Thomas is that guy.

If this defense is ever to reach the level we hope for, a top notch MLB is an absolute must have.

Next year's draft will have likely have three first round MLBs.

James Laurenitus, Rey Maualuga and Brandon Spikes.

Drafts with that kind of quality at MLB are rare.
    We need to take advantage of that opportunity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast