Thread: Herm Edwards

Default Herm Edwards

I have to say this . You all might not like the guys coaching abilities or decisions , but I got to meet him face to face at the Family Fun Night Saturday in River Falls. It happened because we came in the wrong gate when we got there( the gate that led us right past the building all of the players were in ) . He was outside talking to a group of people who were part of the Family night staff. We walked by and had to do a double take , yes it was Herm. I sent my kid over to get an autograph and he sat and talked to him so we all came over and he took pictures with us and signed autographs and actually took the time to ask us about where we lived and the school the kids attend. He was a nice guy and actually seem like he appreciated us taking the time to want to meet him. I was truly happy meeting the guy and I for one really think hes a great guy !

I don't think anyone doubts that he is a great guy. He strikes me as guy that you could have a conversation with for hours and never get bored. His coaching is slightly different to say the least though. heh

Very cool that you got to spend some real quality time with him. I especially like that he showed so much interest in the kids.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Yzilla, I got the same impression from Herm last year at family nite. I never got that close to him however. I did get to watch him do his own work out on the field. He was out there running and stretching before the morning practice. Glad you had a good time, we did last year.

I was there Saturday also....who all did you end up gettin for autographs? Between my wife and I, we got 15 total. She got mostly new linebackers, and I got the receiving core...which included d-bo....I had throw some fist to get to d-bo...he had rockstar status there!

I got Dorsey, DBowe , LJ , Brian Waters. Tamba , Rudy, , Herm again and some other Olineman I didnt know the numbers/names of

Herm has always seemed like a good person to me. I was really pulling for him as a coach also. However, his personnel decisions in our last playoff game gave me a reason to doubt. Then, we had the year we did last season... I hope we have a good year and Herm can put some of the doubts to rest but I'll wait to believe it when I see it.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I don't think anyone doubts that he is a great guy. He strikes me as guy that you could have a conversation with for hours and never get bored. His coaching is slightly different to say the least though. heh

Very cool that you got to spend some real quality time with him. I especially like that he showed so much interest in the kids.
    Yup, I have absolutely no problem with him as a human being, and really nothing at all against him personally, but as a head coach I wish he would simply go away...and take Carl with him.