Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schedule excitement, ESPN rankings

Default Schedule excitement, ESPN rankings

After looking at our schedule I really think that we have an oppurtunity to go 3-1 heading into Carolina. Our rookies 1st real NFL action ever is against the Patriots!
    What does that mean..... That means that we should be well prepared to play Oakland and Atlanta in the following weeks. And who knows, maybe if we put together a few wins against those two teams (we should) then we can welcome Denver into Arrowhead while we are on a roll. 3-1 going into Carolina, I like how that sounds! Its all speculation.
    Speaking of speculation, ESPN ranks our offensive line 32nd in the league, stating that our best lineman is Brian Waters and he is only an above average football player. Hopefully Im not the only one that is infuriated by that!

Well a 4-12 record last year tends to fuel that sort of "expert" analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    After looking at our schedule I really think that we have an oppurtunity to go 3-1 heading into Carolina. Our rookies 1st real NFL action ever is against the Patriots!
    What does that mean..... That means that we should be well prepared to play Oakland and Atlanta in the following weeks. And who knows, maybe if we put together a few wins against those two teams (we should) then we can welcome Denver into Arrowhead while we are on a roll. 3-1 going into Carolina, I like how that sounds! Its all speculation.
    Speaking of speculation, ESPN ranks our offensive line 32nd in the league, stating that our best lineman is Brian Waters and he is only an above average football player. Hopefully Im not the only one that is infuriated by that!
    When did ESPN say this? In between the words Brett and Farve or Steve and Smith? Seriously, my ears are bleeding from hearing the same damn stories every day. ESPN's big-market sports coverage sucks half the time, anyway. It reminds me of watching a government- or corrupt, corporate-controlled news channel in some futuristic sci-fi movie or something.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I think the analysts nailed it on the head last season regarding the Chiefs and I think they will be correct for the most part this year too. Having said that, I think there may be a possibility of a 3-1 start but if that happens, I fear that it will make the season that much longer!!!!!!!

I just hope this year is better that last year.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Personally, I try not to listen to the so called "experts" simply because unless you are a large market team they are not going to look in depth at what your team is doing or spend any time in camp to see how individual players are doing. If you are a small market team you are hard pressed to hear to much of anything positive about your team and it almost hurts the experts to say anything positive.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Personally, I try not to listen to the so called "experts" simply because unless you are a large market team they are not going to look in depth at what your team is doing or spend any time in camp to see how individual players are doing. If you are a small market team you are hard pressed to hear to much of anything positive about your team and it almost hurts the experts to say anything positive.
    Exactly. Mark Schlereth has to give himself a shot of morphine before he says anything good about the Chiefs.

I don't know if your market has anything to do with it. I remember not too long ago when we won 11 games, everyday I listened to local guys here in Az. and national guys talking about the Chiefs. I listen almost exclusively to sports talk radio and when the Chiefs were winning, they were in the news positively everyday. I think it comes down to winning and losing. I mean lets face it, if your not a Chiefs fan and trying to see they positive side of things, what is there really to talk about? We were terrible last season and until we prove some of these guys on radio and tv wrong, it will continue and as far as I'm concerned, deservidly so!

I do agree about Stink though. That sumbitc* NEVER has anything positive to say about the Chiefs! I can't blame him though, I'm not sure I will EVER have anything nice to say about the Donks or the Faders!!!!!!!!!

I blame MLB for the major-market/mainstream media rants during camp and the preseason. We've spent the entire summer suffocating under a blanket of stories about the Red Sox.

Not to say the RS aren't good. They are. But baseball is the worst about big-market coverage.
    Last edited by m0ef0e; 08-07-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I blame MLB for the major-market/mainstream media rants during camp and the preseason. We've spent the entire summer suffocating under a blanket of stories about the Red Sox.

Not to say the RS aren't good. They are. But baseball is the worst about big-market coverage.
    Ah yes, what ever would the baseball world do if the Yankees and Red Sox both stunk?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast