Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who here would be shocked?

Default Who here would be shocked?

Who would be shocked to see Pennington in a Chiefs jersey? He has been released by the Jets and the rumors are that the Dolphins are interested. But he's the QB that Herm drafted in New York. I think this could get interesting. I really think this will test the Chiefs loyalty to Croyle.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I wouldnt be shocked simply because ever since Herm came to KC there has been minor rumors that Herm wouldnt mind having him. There at 1 point was quiet rumors that Herm wanted to try to trade for Pennington. I think it would be a mistake since Pennington seems to be very injury prone. Also, obviously the Jets were tired of him not being able to take the next step hence him being released and the Jets trading for Farve.

I honestly don't think we will even try for Pennington-- much for the same reasons we didn't go after Favre. Chad is 32 and again, that goes against the current direction the team is heading with the youth movement.

I just don't see any reason to bring Pennington in. They would basically be just swapping him for Huard. Granted, Pennington may bump Thigpen down to the no. 3 from the no. 2 spot. However, from what I've heard/read, the coaching staff likes Thig and the potential he has shown. So, I really don't see them doing that. To bring in Chad would probably mean releasing Damon and there's really no reason for that. We would simply be swapping one veteran bench-warmer for another-- one that hasn't been in our system for the last few years.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

The only reason I can see for us going after Pennington is to take over Huard's job. He would also be a safety cushion if Croyle and Thigpen stink.

Other than that, no.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I for one would definetly be shocked!! I think he may end up with the Bears.

I would not be shocked. With the way Herm goes thru QB's, it might not be a bad idea to get him, as a 4th QB!

i dont think shocked is the right word "pissed" is more like it.... Its funny because I was just at work saying this same thing as soon as i heard he was released and not traded.

I think he is one of the better choices for a back up QB. Maybe one of the best decisions that we could make for a back up.

I don't think Pennington would look good in red. A veteran mediocre qb is not what we need. I do think Thigpen shows a lot of promise and hope to see more of him in October...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I don't think Pennington would look good in red. A veteran mediocre qb is not what we need. I do think Thigpen shows a lot of promise and hope to see more of him in October...
    But the way Herm goes thru QB's we may need a extra!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast