Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ....so what happened? (Arizona)

Default ....so what happened? (Arizona)

...I didnt get to see the game, just saw the stats?

This was what I was expecting in our first game. Looks like we had trouble converting in the red zone (as usual). And our young secondary got man handled by their receivers all night....well looks like we are back to our old selves

...how did our first string O and D look against theirs? How did BC look? Was it really as bad as the stats show?

I really do have to say that I agree with mostly everything MClovin said. I think Sippio dropping that pass on the 2 yard line was his nail in the coffin for his career here. The radio made it sound like a bad pass but what I saw was him dropping the ball. I believe he dropped two easy passes that game. If all we were doing is seeing how the running game worked , I think it they did an awsome job. considering what we did last year, The Running backs, LJ, Kolby , Savage and battle had a lot of great moments. Cox is a stud. Pollard is an animal on punts , he is so close on blocking them almost every time I watch he is there. We have really yet to hit DBowe for any time of big play . I really haven't see Gonzales get any passes his way either. Brodie needs to get his receivers down the field and air it up a little. He is too concerned about throwing it away instead of throwing a bad pass. Which is good but he is infatuated with just letting it go to the sidelines. He needs more confidence in his arm and let a few fly in preseason. He also needs to stop staring down his first receiver .Thigpen got to the point where he would just tuck and run instead of letting fly . Which also isn't a bad thing if hes doing it without getting drilled . I'm alot more confident that Thigpen will be ok the more he plays the more confident he gets. Our offense line is getting better I think. I hope Albert coming back doesn't confuse the group and they start going backwards.McIntosh should be benched , he ( like Huard ) has cement in his shoes.I could go on and on and please everyone remember this is just my opinion . Have a good day !

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    I really do have to say that I agree with mostly everything MClovin said. I think Sippio dropping that pass on the 2 yard line was his nail in the coffin for his career here. The radio made it sound like a bad pass but what I saw was him dropping the ball. I believe he dropped two easy passes that game. If all we were doing is seeing how the running game worked , I think it they did an awsome job. considering what we did last year, The Running backs, LJ, Kolby , Savage and battle had a lot of great moments. Cox is a stud. Pollard is an animal on punts , he is so close on blocking them almost every time I watch he is there. We have really yet to hit DBowe for any time of big play . I really haven't see Gonzales get any passes his way either. Brodie needs to get his receivers down the field and air it up a little. He is too concerned about throwing it away instead of throwing a bad pass. Which is good but he is infatuated with just letting it go to the sidelines. He needs more confidence in his arm and let a few fly in preseason. He also needs to stop staring down his first receiver .Thigpen got to the point where he would just tuck and run instead of letting fly . Which also isn't a bad thing if hes doing it without getting drilled . I'm alot more confident that Thigpen will be ok the more he plays the more confident he gets. Our offense line is getting better I think. I hope Albert coming back doesn't confuse the group and they start going backwards.McIntosh should be benched , he ( like Huard ) has cement in his shoes.I could go on and on and please everyone remember this is just my opinion . Have a good day !
    I agree with almost everything you said, just one thing. I don't think it was Brodie's call to throw the ball down the field or not. I feel that the play-calling is being extremely conservative with him, and they need to let him throw it around. Then we can truly evaluate him.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I think our play-calling is too conservative to win the amount of games you suggested. I, also, question how this team will do against a very good run game.
    ...you mean against a very good D in general...our young secondary got lit up a couple times by the cardinals...

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    The Running backs, LJ, Kolby , Savage and battle had a lot of great moments. !

You left out Charles...... Running backs, LJ, Kolby, Charles, (Battle and Savage) are odd men out. Savage has to make the team as a return man and Battle is SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    You left out Charles...... Running backs, LJ, Kolby, Charles, (Battle and Savage) are odd men out. Savage has to make the team as a return man and Battle is SOL.
    Savage could become the next X-factor!

Did somebody get out the Kool Aid and say 9 WINS???????????????

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I want some Kool Aid, heavy on the Kool!! I want 9 plus wins!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Idiots...we are gonna get way more than 9 wins!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    ...you mean against a very good D in general...our young secondary got lit up a couple times by the cardinals...
    Actually, I mean teams running the ball on us. The teams we've gone up against have pretty bad running backs. (Edgerrin James is old)
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I wouldn't get too upset about the play-calling from this game. They wanted to work on the run so that's what they did. Our runners did well and the line already looks a lot better than last year. I'm confident than Chan will be more aggressive in the regular season. Remember, preseason is still practice. It's a time to try things and see what, and who- might work out and also what needs more tuning and maybe what else should perhaps be nixed. We did hold them to six points in the first half and three of their first four drives were three-and-out's. The sky is not falling yet guys.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast