Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anquan Boldin

Default Anquan Boldin

Apparently, Boldin wants to be traded from the Cardinals. The Cardinals will probably be looking for secondary help if they agree to trade him.

I wouldn't mind giving up Carr and Pollard and perhaps a 3rd rd. pick for Boldin. I think the Chiefs would rather have another high pick lining up opposite Flowers at CB anyway. Pollard wouldn't be such a big loss considering there are people in the organization who like Morgan more than Pollard already anyway.

Boldin at 27 would give us the #2 WR we've been searching for, whether its Bowe or Boldin.

I can hear it now; Bowe, Boldin, Brodie, Brad, Brandon, Branden, Brandon, Barry and Brian.... "The Kansas City Killer B's"

But in all seriousness, this would allow the Chiefs to use their first rounder on a LB and their second rounder on a CB and with Tank and Turk emerging on the Dline, you'd have to think the defense would be pretty close to finished.

I don't think another high pick would need to be expended on the Oline like was necessary this year. Herb Taylor will probably be either the next RT or OG. With he and Richardson developing, I just don't think it would be crucial to spend a high pick on the Oline again.

Considering the Chiefs could afford to trade away these players and picks, I think making a strong push for one of the best young WRs in the game would be a great move for a team in search of offense and a big time #2 WR.

No doubt he's very talented and very good. It's cool to hear about how involved he is in the community as well. He's definitely a plus on anyone's roster. However, we can't afford to short-hand ourselves on secondary depth and we have a bunch of young and talented receivers who won't make the team as it is. Granted, nobody of Boldin's quality but I just don't think the time is right for the Chiefs to pursue this.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Trade them Surtain! Its a rebuilding year right or is there still fans wanting to win.

I have yet to see DVD catch a ball to even consider him a legit #2.

Now Franklin is show me that he could be, but he is a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    No doubt he's very talented and very good. It's cool to hear about how involved he is in the community as well. He's definitely a plus on anyone's roster. However, we can't afford to short-hand ourselves on secondary depth and we have a bunch of young and talented receivers who won't make the team as it is. Granted, nobody of Boldin's quality but I just don't think the time is right for the Chiefs to pursue this.
    My thinking is that they are in a rebuilding year right? Why not rebuild with one of the best young receivers in all of football? We can't win games if we don't score points! I want our D to get better as well but we need points!!!!! This guy will definetly help Brodie move the ball down the field. Brodie will be dumping the ball a ton this year and that requires someone to go across the middle. TG needs some help in that dept..

To be honest, I'm not sure the Cards would except either of those defensive players mentioned being that they just drafted a stud defensive player in Cromartie and have moved Rolle to the safety position. Their defense has been very solid the last few seasons so they might not be looking in that direction.
    Last edited by DrunkHillbilly; 08-21-2008 at 01:45 PM.

If we do go out and get him I won't be disappointed. I agree that we could certainly use him. Personally, I like the idea of giving up Surtain more than Carr if we were to do this. While Carr may not be a shut-down starter, he could be a good addition on the field when bringing in extra D-backs. He's also young and has some years ahead of him to improve. How much? Who knows but there's more potential there than in someone who is on their last leg, IMO. On the other hand, it's good to have some vet experience for the rookies to learn from and that's what Surtain brings to the table. I know a lot of guys here aren't hot on Pollard but he's getting close to some punt blocks again and that could swing a game or two in our favor. Boldin would prove more consistently valuable than an occasional blocked punt, though. So I see where you're coming from on that.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    We would still have Surtain with Patterson and Brack backing up. Also, I've read that Burns is really making some noise out there at the Safety position, so losing Pollard or Morgan wouldn't be too big of a hit.

This team is not looking to make a playoff run this year, so if there were EVER a year to be shallow at a position, it would be this year. Every team has personnel issues. But you can't expect to receive talent without giving up talent. Personally, if I were a Cardinals fan and we received two DBs and a 3rd rd. pick for Boldin, I'd be livid! Think about it. Would a rookie 5th rd. Olineman and a 3rd year 2nd rd. LB and a 3rd Rd. pick be enough for Bowe? I'm sure there would be some hesitation on our part.

I think it really depends on how badly Boldin wants out and what the Cards would ask for in return. Being in the AFC wouldn't hurt the Chiefs' chances at landing him either.

hell, lets see if they bite on Napolean Harris! We could even send one of our young WRs not named Bowe or Franklin over to fill in for Boldin as well.

Maybe a package of Harris, Webb, and Dontrelle Savage would be enough.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Man I wouldnt give Carr alone for Boldin, not that Boldin isnt good but Carr is looking good and a rookie, plus we have a great #1 in Bowe and I think the option of the Darling, Franklin, and Price trio has potential to be awesome given the chance.

Plus even if Pollard were only a backup and special teamer, he is getting close to blocking punts, just another half step and he would have blocked several. Some have said that they arent sure how he missed a couple of the punts he was that close. Plus another third rounder wow and I thought Carl hated this team and wanted to destroy it ... well enough of my smart mouth. This would be a start to undoing the good that could possibly come out of the Jared Allen trade.
    My 2cents.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    hell, lets see if they bite on Napolean Harris! We could even send one of our young WRs not named Bowe or Franklin over to fill in for Boldin as well.

Maybe a package of Harris, Webb, and Dontrelle Savage would be enough.
    Ya had me there till you threw in Savage lol. Although unfortunately if we throw in Harris we might have to throw in Bowe to compensate for taking Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Man I wouldnt give Carr alone for Boldin, not that Boldin isnt good but Carr is looking good and a rookie, plus we have a great #1 in Bowe and I think the option of the Darling, Franklin, and Price trio has potential to be awesome given the chance.
    wow. Are you kidding me? You'd really keep Carr if the Cardinals offered Boldin for him straight up? I'm sorry, but that is just plain dumb. I don't care how good you think any of the other WRs are, they don't compare to Boldin. It's ok to have more than one great WR. The Colts, Pats, Cards and Bengals do a pretty good job with two great WRs. Having Boldin wouldn't take anything away from Bowe.
    Plus even if Pollard were only a backup and special teamer, he is getting close to blocking punts, just another half step and he would have blocked several. Some have said that they arent sure how he missed a couple of the punts he was that close. Plus another third rounder wow and I thought Carl hated this team and wanted to destroy it ... well enough of my smart mouth. This would be a start to undoing the good that could possibly come out of the Jared Allen trade.
    My 2cents.
    You're not too good at evaluating talent. How would trading an underachieving DB who has a replacement ready to step in, a 5th rd CB and a third rd. pick next year affect the outcome of the Jared Allen trade? That makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Ya had me there till you threw in Savage lol. Although unfortunately if we throw in Harris we might have to throw in Bowe to compensate for taking Harris.
    I would be absolutely stunned if Savage made this team. The Chiefs won't take 5 RBs into the season. Right now, the only way that Savage makes this team is as a return guy. If he made the team that way, you'd have to say goodbye to either Sams, Robinson or Barksdale. Right now, Savage has trade value and would have to be a throw-in if the Cards took Harris. Webb would also have good trade value.

But right now, Savage is probably behind Battle in the RB competition with LJ, Smith, Charles also in front of him. Savage won't make it thru waivers. Neither will Battle. So trading Savage in a deal to sweeten the pot for Boldin would be a great move instead of just losing him to waivers.

But as far as any of the guys/picks that i've suggested trading:

Webb
    Smith
    Savage
    Carr
    Pollard
    Harris
    3rd RD pick

I promise you it would take a combo of AT LEAST three of them. If you were to take a package of these players and show them to a scout as a proposed deal for Boldin, you'd probably be shot down. Combining any of these three players probably still wouldn't be enough to bring in Boldin. But it would probably be a good starting spot.

You might have to add in someone like Allan or Cottam or perhaps even one of the higher ranked RBs like Smith to pull this trade off. But for real, saying you wouldn't trade Carr for Boldin is just ridiculous.

I think Savage will make the team, and I still think we do not want to trade for Boldin, I am sick of players that are not happy, for what ever reason!! Booo Finging hoo...................... I want true Chiefs, If we are rebuilding, then keep the players we have and lets play them and win!!!!! We have the WR's we need for this season! If any need we have, its at MLB!
    jmo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast