Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anquan Boldin

Default Anquan Boldin

Apparently, Boldin wants to be traded from the Cardinals. The Cardinals will probably be looking for secondary help if they agree to trade him.

I wouldn't mind giving up Carr and Pollard and perhaps a 3rd rd. pick for Boldin. I think the Chiefs would rather have another high pick lining up opposite Flowers at CB anyway. Pollard wouldn't be such a big loss considering there are people in the organization who like Morgan more than Pollard already anyway.

Boldin at 27 would give us the #2 WR we've been searching for, whether its Bowe or Boldin.

I can hear it now; Bowe, Boldin, Brodie, Brad, Brandon, Branden, Brandon, Barry and Brian.... "The Kansas City Killer B's"

But in all seriousness, this would allow the Chiefs to use their first rounder on a LB and their second rounder on a CB and with Tank and Turk emerging on the Dline, you'd have to think the defense would be pretty close to finished.

I don't think another high pick would need to be expended on the Oline like was necessary this year. Herb Taylor will probably be either the next RT or OG. With he and Richardson developing, I just don't think it would be crucial to spend a high pick on the Oline again.

Considering the Chiefs could afford to trade away these players and picks, I think making a strong push for one of the best young WRs in the game would be a great move for a team in search of offense and a big time #2 WR.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Its not worth trading TG in his twilight years with him being able to train Cottam to take his place. TE has been 1 of the Chiefs strongest positions for along time even before TG. Not saying Hayes was it but look at history. TBH, if I was to trade anyone in a rebuilding year for Boldin with the talent we have at RB then go ahead and trade LJ for him. I know it sounds crazy but we dont really know how he is going to produce after last season. Its a proven thing that not all players bounce back after injury. Although, I dont know if Arizona would be interested since they have James. Although I wouldnt mind more of a veteren to groom the new guys. Just my thoughts though.
    I like this idea A LOT!!! Right now, his stock is high and will be even higher after saturday night if he plays a whole first half without injury. This would net us more than just Boldin. We would be the one trading the higher talent which would bring us more draft picks for next spring! I like that a lot. I think Smith or Battle or a combo of the two could step in and become the featured back in this system. The four RBs behind Johnson would fill in just fine for Larry.

Trade one previous unhappy player that got his payday, for a current unhappy player who wants his payday. Forget about it. I for one would be very surprised if we traded for Boldin.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I would be surprised also and dont think we will. Also, like a previous post has said Boldin will be in AZ through 08, im just saying that I would rather let go of LJ now for Boldin rather than trade him later. Besides, this is all just hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I like this idea A LOT!!! Right now, his stock is high and will be even higher after saturday night if he plays a whole first half without injury. This would net us more than just Boldin. We would be the one trading the higher talent which would bring us more draft picks for next spring! I like that a lot. I think Smith or Battle or a combo of the two could step in and become the featured back in this system. The four RBs behind Johnson would fill in just fine for Larry.
    Not a chance in HE double hockey sticks of the Cards trading Boldin for TG!! On either side. Although if you remember, it wasn't too long ago that TG was talking about wanting to go to a contender!!! Anywho, the Cardinals have never had a decent TE. They for some reason just don't use that style of offense. Could explain a lot huh!!!???

For those that don't think trading Cottom for Bodin would be a good deal, your crazy!!!!!!!!! It would take atleast two more guys in the deal but Boldin is the real deal!!!! Remember, I see him play every game and he is a top 5 receiver in this league. I would take him before Chad Johnson or Harrison at this point. His stats are great!!! Now, I'm not sure how he would be affected by not having a QB but over the last several seasons, he has been very, very productive! He is great at getting yards after the catch so Brodie's dump off could be affective. He's still young too! Like I said, I wouldn't be holding my breath for this to happen because of him still having 3 years on this contract. Besides most of Rosentool's players have ended up getting things straightened out with their current teams anyway and not one of his players that have been pissing and moaning about wanting more money have missed one day of training camp!!
    Last edited by DrunkHillbilly; 08-23-2008 at 12:53 PM.

I think the Chiefs will wait to see if another receiver emerges out of their existing crop of WR's. The kind of move you are proposing is more likely to happen next year.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Were I the Cardinals, there's no way I'd trade Boldan for LJ straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    I would be surprised also and dont think we will. Also, like a previous post has said Boldin will be in AZ through 08, im just saying that I would rather let go of LJ now for Boldin rather than trade him later. Besides, this is all just hypothetical.
    Don't the Cards have Edgerin James. Why would they want to take on two high dollar contracts for two starting Running backs?

I know the situation was hypothetical, but it doesn't make sense for Arizona or KC for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Don't the Cards have Edgerin James. Why would they want to take on two high dollar contracts for two starting Running backs?

I know the situation was hypothetical, but it doesn't make sense for Arizona or KC for that matter.
    Edgerin James is getting old, he kind of showed that when he played us. Regardless, I don't think they take LJ.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234