Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anquan Boldin

Default Anquan Boldin

Apparently, Boldin wants to be traded from the Cardinals. The Cardinals will probably be looking for secondary help if they agree to trade him.

I wouldn't mind giving up Carr and Pollard and perhaps a 3rd rd. pick for Boldin. I think the Chiefs would rather have another high pick lining up opposite Flowers at CB anyway. Pollard wouldn't be such a big loss considering there are people in the organization who like Morgan more than Pollard already anyway.

Boldin at 27 would give us the #2 WR we've been searching for, whether its Bowe or Boldin.

I can hear it now; Bowe, Boldin, Brodie, Brad, Brandon, Branden, Brandon, Barry and Brian.... "The Kansas City Killer B's"

But in all seriousness, this would allow the Chiefs to use their first rounder on a LB and their second rounder on a CB and with Tank and Turk emerging on the Dline, you'd have to think the defense would be pretty close to finished.

I don't think another high pick would need to be expended on the Oline like was necessary this year. Herb Taylor will probably be either the next RT or OG. With he and Richardson developing, I just don't think it would be crucial to spend a high pick on the Oline again.

Considering the Chiefs could afford to trade away these players and picks, I think making a strong push for one of the best young WRs in the game would be a great move for a team in search of offense and a big time #2 WR.

MLB IS a need on this team. However, we need a stud there. Nobody in their right mind would trade a stud MLB or allow one to go to free agency...let alone a young one who would fit in with this team. The Chiefs' only real shot at bringing in a stud at MLB would be to spend a first rounder on one and hopefully you don't draft the next Napoleon Harris.

Right now, if the Chiefs were to make a trade, it would have to be for either a stop gap at LB or for a stud WR like Boldin.

I would understand why we might trade for a WR and maybe a LB but why wouldn't we make a deal for any other position? I would think we might need a OG.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Keep in mind that Boldin has three years left on his current contract. He will be a Cardinal through this season guaranteed! So, if anything were to happen, it wouldn't be until after this season at the very earliest.

you all are making great points! Man to think of the passing threat(what a relief from the eight in the box!)that Chiefs would have with Bouldin, Bowe( both decent blockers too!) as a receiving core...............the last time I wished on a superstar, we got Joe Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    I would understand why we might trade for a WR and maybe a LB but why wouldn't we make a deal for any other position? I would think we might need a OG.
    I honestly don't think we'll need another Olineman. We just need to develop the guys we have on the line. We've got plenty of talent, just no experience. This is where i wish we still had Solari. He was a great Oline coach.

But a stud OG is a position much easier to fill later in the draft and unless we go get someone great (which no team would trade) there's really no point in trading away assets to bring in a RG. Besides, i wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Taylor, Richardson, or Stallings step up and claim that spot once Albert comes back from injury.

Trading for Boldin or another WR has just been thrust a little harder to the forefront considering Franklin's injury yesterday to his knee.

Napolean and Carl for Boldin. DO IT.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    You're not too good at evaluating talent. How would trading an underachieving DB who has a replacement ready to step in, a 5th rd CB and a third rd. pick next year affect the outcome of the Jared Allen trade? That makes no sense at all.

I would be absolutely stunned if Savage made this team. The Chiefs won't take 5 RBs into the season. Right now, the only way that Savage makes this team is as a return guy. If he made the team that way, you'd have to say goodbye to either Sams, Robinson or Barksdale. Right now, Savage has trade value and would have to be a throw-in if the Cards took Harris. Webb would also have good trade value.

But right now, Savage is probably behind Battle in the RB competition with LJ, Smith, Charles also in front of him. Savage won't make it thru waivers. Neither will Battle. So trading Savage in a deal to sweeten the pot for Boldin would be a great move instead of just losing him to waivers.

But as far as any of the guys/picks that i've suggested trading:

Webb
    Smith
    Savage
    Carr
    Pollard
    Harris
    3rd RD pick

I promise you it would take a combo of AT LEAST three of them. If you were to take a package of these players and show them to a scout as a proposed deal for Boldin, you'd probably be shot down. Combining any of these three players probably still wouldn't be enough to bring in Boldin. But it would probably be a good starting spot.

You might have to add in someone like Allan or Cottam or perhaps even one of the higher ranked RBs like Smith to pull this trade off. But for real, saying you wouldn't trade Carr for Boldin is just ridiculous.
    No way on Cottam. I like what I've seen from him and want to keep him around for the future.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    No way on Cottam. I like what I've seen from him and want to keep him around for the future.
    I'm sure other teams like what they've seen as well. You have to look at guys on our team who have trade value if you want to bring back Boldin. I like Cottam too. But I also like Boldin. I doubt the Chiefs or the Cardinals would be interested in trading Gonzo, but who knows. You'd like to bring in Boldin and keep Cottam to grow up with the team, but again, to bring in talent, you've got to be willing to give up talent.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'm sure other teams like what they've seen as well. You have to look at guys on our team who have trade value if you want to bring back Boldin. I like Cottam too. But I also like Boldin. I doubt the Chiefs or the Cardinals would be interested in trading Gonzo, but who knows. You'd like to bring in Boldin and keep Cottam to grow up with the team, but again, to bring in talent, you've got to be willing to give up talent.
    NO TRADING TG OR COTTAM, (the future TG)!!!!
    Bolidin is not worth it!!!

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Its not worth trading TG in his twilight years with him being able to train Cottam to take his place. TE has been 1 of the Chiefs strongest positions for along time even before TG. Not saying Hayes was it but look at history. TBH, if I was to trade anyone in a rebuilding year for Boldin with the talent we have at RB then go ahead and trade LJ for him. I know it sounds crazy but we dont really know how he is going to produce after last season. Its a proven thing that not all players bounce back after injury. Although, I dont know if Arizona would be interested since they have James. Although I wouldnt mind more of a veteren to groom the new guys. Just my thoughts though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast