Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anquan Boldin

Hybrid View

Default Anquan Boldin

Apparently, Boldin wants to be traded from the Cardinals. The Cardinals will probably be looking for secondary help if they agree to trade him.

I wouldn't mind giving up Carr and Pollard and perhaps a 3rd rd. pick for Boldin. I think the Chiefs would rather have another high pick lining up opposite Flowers at CB anyway. Pollard wouldn't be such a big loss considering there are people in the organization who like Morgan more than Pollard already anyway.

Boldin at 27 would give us the #2 WR we've been searching for, whether its Bowe or Boldin.

I can hear it now; Bowe, Boldin, Brodie, Brad, Brandon, Branden, Brandon, Barry and Brian.... "The Kansas City Killer B's"

But in all seriousness, this would allow the Chiefs to use their first rounder on a LB and their second rounder on a CB and with Tank and Turk emerging on the Dline, you'd have to think the defense would be pretty close to finished.

I don't think another high pick would need to be expended on the Oline like was necessary this year. Herb Taylor will probably be either the next RT or OG. With he and Richardson developing, I just don't think it would be crucial to spend a high pick on the Oline again.

Considering the Chiefs could afford to trade away these players and picks, I think making a strong push for one of the best young WRs in the game would be a great move for a team in search of offense and a big time #2 WR.

There isn't a chance that Carl and Herm would make that move. I'm sure Carl is the type of guy that loves to have phone conversations with Rosenhaus as well...

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I agree Boldin would be an exceptional addition. Although, I think giving up 2 youg players that fit into the scheme and who are, if not startersw but potential starters is a little much. I can see giving up a player they can use and also a 3rd even maybe a 2nd. not 3 for 1 though. I dont see Carl even looking at the idea honestly. He would have to give to much for him and would ruin Herm's idea of rebuilding by not having enough high draft picks. Just my thoughts.

I would love to have him, but I don't see the Cards taking Pollard, the guy is awful in coverage. If I were the Cards, I would want Carr and Morgan, or something like that.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

It would be very nice, but I think the Cards would want too much. I really think this is just Boldin doing a little whining. Which is it that is getting pile of money right Boldin or Fitz??

I think we have the WR's we need already on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I think we have the WR's we need already on the team.
    Come on!!!!!!!!!!

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Man I wouldnt give Carr alone for Boldin, not that Boldin isnt good but Carr is looking good and a rookie, plus we have a great #1 in Bowe and I think the option of the Darling, Franklin, and Price trio has potential to be awesome given the chance.

Plus even if Pollard were only a backup and special teamer, he is getting close to blocking punts, just another half step and he would have blocked several. Some have said that they arent sure how he missed a couple of the punts he was that close. Plus another third rounder wow and I thought Carl hated this team and wanted to destroy it ... well enough of my smart mouth. This would be a start to undoing the good that could possibly come out of the Jared Allen trade.
    My 2cents.

I think 2 players and a 3rd round pick are too much to give up for him.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    I agree Boldin would be an exceptional addition. Although, I think giving up 2 youg players that fit into the scheme and who are, if not startersw but potential starters is a little much. I can see giving up a player they can use and also a 3rd even maybe a 2nd. not 3 for 1 though. I dont see Carl even looking at the idea honestly. He would have to give to much for him and would ruin Herm's idea of rebuilding by not having enough high draft picks. Just my thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I think 2 players and a 3rd round pick are too much to give up for him.
    You're talking about a 27 year old Pro Bowl WR. The package I put together is either just right or not enough. Teams don't just give WRs like that away for nothing. But if you look at Pollard, Carr and a 3rd rd. pick, the piece we'd miss the most would be the 3rd rounder.

Like i said, i think the Chiefs would like to have another high draft pick at the other CB spot....not a 5th rounder.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast