Thread: Preseason Draft Analysis.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Default Preseason Draft Analysis.

At first I was not happy with Jared Allen being traded but I believe now that over the long run it may work out to be one of the best trades ever.

That is figuring that Dorsey (wouldnt be picked up if we didn't have the other first round pick for the O-Line), Albert, Charles pan out as expected. DuJuan Morgan hasnt appeared to be the stud some of the others have been but again it is really early. So far Charles and having both Albert and Dorsey could be huge.

Then on top of all that the 4th Will Franklin, 5th Brandon Carr have shown huge upside so far, I have even heard some good stuff about Barry Richardson and Brian Johnston a 6th and a 7th round pick not to mention Mike Cox, Dantrell Savage, Connor Barth, and Derek Lokey all undrafted free agents with Lokey being the one of the four heard least about.

This year the Chiefs have 18 First of Second string free agents, with 20 most likely making the team and up to 23 or so, and then add the practice squad and IR and Wow this could go down as one great draft, although only time will tell how all of this will pan out.

Feel free to criticize or add someone I left out. I personally like the thought of having this discussion down now so we can look back at the end of the season and see how everything panned out.

BTW

GO CHIEFS
    GO CHIEFS
    GO CHIEFS

Chiefs best draft as long as I can remember. Agree on Allen. Why keep someone who doesn't want to be here? We needed hungry young players and we are well on our way...
    SHUT IT

Since UDRFA are by difinition not drafted, the analysis should be titled "Preseason rookie class" as oppposed to the title you used, but other than that, it's all good.

Pre-season is exaclty that. We'll see how these guys pan out once the real thing starts. I think the Chiefs would have lost Allen eventually anyhow, so I'm glad they got something for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Pre-season is exaclty that. We'll see how these guys pan out once the real thing starts. I think the Chiefs would have lost Allen eventually anyhow, so I'm glad they got something for him.

amen to that one... im really wanting them to put sippio in as WR.... what you guys think on that one? or does FRANKLIN have a better chance at getting that #2 slot?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I think Franklin for his first season will play more slot but also get time as #2. I think Sippio could possibly get a look but im thinking Darling prob has the #2 spot tied up with Webb battling Franklin. Also, about Allen? He was 1 more incident with the law before he got a full season suspension. Yes, he had made changes and for intent and purposes prob wont get into any more trouble but.....what if he does and the Chiefs didnt trade him? Then we would b without Allen and we wouldnt have Dorsey. Allen wanted out since Carl was using his past as leverage and I think both sides came out fine in the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    I think Franklin for his first season will play more slot but also get time as #2. I think Sippio could possibly get a look but im thinking Darling prob has the #2 spot tied up with Webb battling Franklin. Also, about Allen? He was 1 more incident with the law before he got a full season suspension. Yes, he had made changes and for intent and purposes prob wont get into any more trouble but.....what if he does and the Chiefs didnt trade him? Then we would b without Allen and we wouldnt have Dorsey. Allen wanted out since Carl was using his past as leverage and I think both sides came out fine in the trade.
    So he goes and opens a bar?? I for one would have liked to see him stay, but go and open a bar and then ask for a huge contract?I have nothing against bars either-just don't make sense....